ANNOYING TUNE IN ADVERTS APPEARING RANDOMLY THROUGH OUT STATIONS

• 30 June 2020
  • 8 replies

THIS HAS JUST STARTED AND IS A PAIN IN THE NECK. DO I HAVE TO USE TUNE IN OR CAN I GET OTHER STREAMING SERVICES THROUGH SONOS  - IT SEEMS ALL MY STATIONS SO THROUGH TUNE IN  AND I GET ADVERTS  INTERRUPTING MUSIC/ TALK SHOWS AT ANY TIME. IT IS REALLY ANNOYING.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

PLEASE DON’T SHOUT!!!  :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Add Service in Settings, Services & Voice will let you select from a number of sources. How ad-free they may or may not be is another matter.

I would assume a “premium” service will be more likely to run ad-free - Spotify, Apple Music, etc?

TANSTAAFL. (An initialism, look it up)

And agreed. Typing in all caps is in extremely poor form. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

What stations?  You may be able to play them directly.

Yup. In the last few days I have started getting adverts for Mcdonalds between tracks on the ‘rock pantheon station. Bloody annoying. If I go to the dashboard and press ‘play’ again the ad stops straight away and the next track starts straight away. Still annoying though

Userlevel 2

Hate the advertisements on Sonos radio. Just saying…. Off to listen to something else now....

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You can add internet radio stations to Sonos: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/260?language=nl_NL

Does anyone know how to disable the ads?  I for one will make sure to never support any business that advertises on Sonos.  At the price the products are, I find the adverts offensive.  I like TuneIn because I can get my international radio stations.  Is there an alternative to the TuneIn service?  Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

TuneIn provides a service. How should they exist without adds? Have you tried adding your favorite radio station via the method above?