Answered

android wont connect.

• 12 May 2023
  • 6 replies

Set up my Sonos arc on borrowed iPhone but I can't connect my android, when I tap on set up new device it says connect mobile to WiFi even though I'm using my data from phone.

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 13 May 2023, 07:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

What new Sonos device are you trying to add from your Android controller, it sounds like you added them all from the iPhone?

Sonos only works over a single LAN so if your Android is not connected to your (usually via WiFi) LAN it won’t be able to see your existing (set up from the iPhone) Sonos system.

Also, you need to be selecting ‘join existing system’ on your Android, since you’ve already set up the Sonos using the iPhone. 

I'm not on a lan line I'm using my WiFi data on phone(android) think I need another android phone as a guest phone.

Thanks.

Yes, any device that is a hotspot can not be used as a controller as well, you’ve always needed a second device. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Yes, you cannot command the system from the same phone you are using to get the wifi from. Remember for Sonos this is an unsupported set up. That does not mean it won’t work though.

Thanks for advice 👍 all sorted now 👍