Answered

Android s2 app loses system, but IPad works

• 12 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

I’m using Android s2 and both the app and Android have the correct versions. Uninstalling and reinstalling doesn’t help. The app loses connection to the system, but both my MacBook and iPad s2 apps have no problem with it. After I shut my Android down for the night everything is fine the next morning, but it’s all gone by the middle of the day. Support tells me to reboot the router, but if that was the problem why do the iPad and Macbook work? I think the s2 app has a caching problem with the central server, since I notic it loses my recently played list before things go South

I’m very unhappy with SONOS support.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 13 January 2024, 02:11

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

There is no Sonos ‘central server’. The Sonos app is trying to connect to your speakers, through your router. 

Possible reasons your Android isn’t reaching your speakers:

• VPN on the phone
  • Work based ‘profile’ using the above, or some sort of port blocking software
  • Virus protection doing port blocking
  • Mesh networks using different subnets for different ‘oucks, and devices connected to the wrong subnet
  • Android not actually connected to WiFi, only the ‘internet’ via cellular data
  • Other network issues, such as a duplicate IP address for the phone
  • The phone and OS not matching the supported OS for controllers
  • Other issues that I probably have missed in this 3 minute post, which I’m certain will be raised by other members of this community (with my gratitude)

There just isn’t enough information in your post to be certain of any of these.

I’m surprised that your experience with Sonos support was so poor, but I also recognize the business need for these folks. Not all of them will be network ‘experts’, and instead be reading from scripts, without fully understanding the system, and networking. But there will be others who are more talented. I wouldn’t be worried about calling back in.

Heh. Like:

Router blocking between connection  frequencies (5Ghz vs 2.4 GHz).

I am sure there are more. Networking / connection issues can be complex.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @sailor39 

Thanks for your post!

@Airgetlam pretty much covered it, though WiFi boosters and extenders are also known to cause this issue - certainly if only the Android device were connected to it, the rest of your devices connecting directly to the router.

If issues persist, I recommend you get back in touch with our technical support team.

I hope this helps.