Answered

Android app - SoundCloud - Albums not visible

I've added SoundCloud to the Sonos app for Android, but I don't see the Albums menu entry in the app (the URL /albums on the website). How do I add it please?

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 7 March 2023, 12:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Pingouricate, welcome to the Sonos Community!

After looking into the features of SoundCloud on Sonos, it would seem we don’t have the ability to search by Album, only by Artist & Track.

SoundCloud are responsible for what information is shared with us to the Sonos App and you can view what features are available on our SoundCloud on Sonos page.

I’d suggest reaching out to SoundCloud and letting them know this is something you’d like to see available on the Sonos integration.

I hope this information helps!

Hi Jamie,

Thank you for your quick response, duly noted. I wrote directly to SoundCloud, ticket number 2308114.. we'll see! I let you know.

Best regards,

Hi Jamie,

I got an answer from SoundCloud, a bit disappointing unfortunately...

Here it is:

The album search feature is not implemented at this moment. Therefore, you won't be able to see the albums.

As a workaround, you could create the playlist yourself with the same tracks as in the album you're looking for. This should solve the issue.

We hope you understand.

All the best,
Kim

SoundCloud Support Team
SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/imprint
Rheinsberger Str. 76/77 
10115  Berlin  Germany