Answered

Android App Crash Bug

• 30 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Android S2 Sonos app crashes on Samsung phone and Lenovo Android tablet.

Android reports ‘this app crashed because it has a bug’ immediately after tapping ‘System’ from the Settings menu.

Both Android OS and Sonos app have gone thru several updates since this issue started last summer.

The latest Sonos version 15.2 did not fix the issue.

On the tablet, if I uninstall/reinstall Sonos the app will let me tap System without crashing one time only.  Then, to access System again, I need to uninstall/reinstall the Sonos app. Then I can tap System without a crash for one time again, and the cycle repeats.

On the phone, the crash occurs whether or not I uninstall/reinstall. I cannot access System even one time from the phone.

This behavior seems like a giant clue. Does anyone know of a fix?

icon

Best answer by buzz 30 March 2023, 21:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Which version of Android is installed on your devices? Have you rebooted your Android devices?

While the controllers are working, submit a diagnostic, log the confirmation number, then contact SONOS phone support.

After over 8 months, yes I’ve done all that multiple times.

And what does Sonos support tell you, when you speak with them?

I have been told for 9 months they are working on it. The most recent was a very confident ‘15.2 addresses this issue’ -- but it didn’t.

Thanks for letting us know, it’s good to be aware that Sonos is aware of it, even through frustrating that they’re not fixed it yet.