Question

An error occurred while adding songs to the queue (701)

• 28 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Hello, following the subject here closed : 

I would like to add my experience has I found one specific reason to that. I had the exact same problem using a playlist on Spotify. I tried everything related to a network or device issue as described on the original article, but none solved the problem.

Googling to know wether other people had this problem, I found one which led me to the solution : it was a playlist size issue. Indeed I noticed I didn’t have the problem listening to music on Apple Music service. Actually the playlist I was listening to had 4652 titles for a total duration of near 250 hours !
Too much it seems for the Sonos app.

It would be interesting to know how much titles the app can handle on a single playlist.
Want to reproduce the problem ? The playlist is “Cinemix Radio official playlist” by Chris Vuillard.

Using any other (shorter) playlist, everything is working perfectly good.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @edel79.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! Let me help you figure this out.

Generally, Sonos Playlists Limitation is a 10k track limit (total for all playlists), but it differs from specific music services.

•  Spotify is 6.75k (depending on metadata).

If you have any questions,  feel free to reach out.