Answered

Amazon music unlimited - 'unable to browse music'

• 11 April 2020
  • 8 replies

hello

i am getting the unable to browse music message whenever i try and search for an artist or album from the sonos app or my pc.

i have removed and relinked amazon music many times and nothing works. 

any ideas

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 17 April 2020, 22:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Does the native Amazon Desktop Music App work on the PC? If not, then perhaps see if your firewall is blocking the connection to the Amazon servers and maybe also see if a different DNS server will resolve the matter for you, such as a Google Public DNS Server … addresses: 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4.

amazon music works perfectly on  my pc and all my ios devices just wont play on Sonos, just says unable to browse music.  can sometimes get sonos to play through the alexa or amazon music app but then stops shortly after.  Sonos is currently a lot iof expensive paper weights.

That’s strange. It must be something local as it’s working just fine here for me. See attached screenshots, taken a few moments ago. I’m using an iPad in my case.

Perhaps try removing and re-adding your Amazon Music account within the Sonos App. 

I’d recommend a refresh of your network, as well. Unplug your Sonos devices, then reboot your router. When the router comes back up, plug back in your Sonos devices.

Most larger companies use different servers/ports for each external access partner they have, in order to keep track of where their business is coming from. It’s certainly possible that your speakers are reaching out to a different port/server than your PC is. And that there is been a slight DNS change somewhere along the path. The process above would clear that up, as well as get fresh IP addresses for your Sonos computers/speakers.

In fact, since you also mention the Alexa devices, unplug those as well, before you reboot the router. 

so i have now tried everything

factory reset and completely set up my system from scratch.  

still when i try and play amazon music it says ‘unable to browse music.  

it plays spotify no problem, but when i tried absolute radio, same error unable to browse music.

i am losing the will here, 

restarted router while all sonos devices were unplugged then started them all again - same problem

389397252 this is a diagnostic code if it means anything to anyone?

help please as my amazon unlimited subscription is pretty wasted at them moment.

Anyone know who you contact Sonos directly.

kgibbsy,

I can only add again that Amazon Music still working here for me and my son uses it too at his family home and all is well there.. so perhaps try a different local DNS server and/or maybe check things with a different controller device in case some kind of security software on your controller is getting in the way.

If no joy, then I would perhaps contact Sonos Customer Care & speak to them direct via this LINK.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

The diagnostic is only visible to Sonos staff so until one comes along and sees it nobody else can help.

Try the contact options above, some are 24x7.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

A Factory Reset is never a good idea, but that advice is too late now.