Skip to main content
Answered

Amazon Music says i am playing on another device

• 14 December 2023
  • 6 replies

I use Amazon Music as the main source of music. I have a Move in the kitchen, another Move in Living Room, a connect amp with legacy speakers and a Sonos Roam.

I go to play music in the Kitchen - nowhere else - when i get a message that Amazon is playing on another room. Nothing is playing elsewhere but cant get the speaker to play the queue. As there is nothing playing elsewhere there is nothing to turn off. I usually play Sonos Radio for 5 mins then return to the Amazon queue and it plays normally. 

I have re-authorized my Amazon account but nothing seems to solve the problem. This issue arises every few days on a random basis. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

If I recall correctly, when I had this issue, a device had not successfully notified Amazon that it had stopped playing, and I had to log in on the web to Amazon Music, and find the ‘disconnect/stop playing’ function in their web interface. Doing that ‘told’ their system that everything had indeed stopped, and I no longer had issues when using my Sonos. 

Thanks for that. I can’t find the disconnect/stop playing function. Where is it located? Please advise

I honestly don’t recall. Have you contacted Amazon’s customer service for assistance?

not yet. thanks anyway

not yet. thanks anyway

I’ve seen this on the very (very) odd occasion and what I have found that has worked for me, is to either wait a short time for things to clear themselves, that’s after clearing the room queues and ending any "sessions" from the ‘Now Playing’ screen.

...or what seems to works ‘quickly’, is to group all the Sonos rooms together in the Sonos App and then stream something else (Sonos Radio, for example) to all players. Then ungroup the rooms and try Amazon music to your chosen room/group again.

So if this does ever happen again, maybe see if that might work for you. As I say it’s a rare event, I find, and is probably a stop/pause instruction occasionally not reaching the service provider.

I will try that. Thanks