Amazon music not working

• 25 November 2020
  • 4 replies

Amazon music not working.  All other sources (Pandora, Spotify. Etc.) play just fine.  However when i try to play anything from Amazon it says “Requested operation Failed”.  Ive removed and re-added Amazon service but no luck.  Any suggestions?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Ncackalackie.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! Let me help you out.

Amazon Music is currently experiencing a service outage for playback failure. We are working with our team to have this issue be fixed as soon as possible. You can check on the status of the outage from our website status.sonos.com for updates once it has been fixed.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to let us know, we’d be glad to help.

Userlevel 2

Currently having problems with Audible as well. Is that part of the same issue? Status page shows green for audible.

I think Amazon Music changed how you access the music. I was just on their web site and they made me download an app to play the music. I guess we have to wait until Sonos makes a helper app to access Amazon Music.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi everyone, if you are still experiencing an issue, please submit a diagnostic report from your Sonos app when it happens and reply back with your confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system and see if there’s anything causing this issue.

If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to reach out, we’re always here to help.