Skip to main content
Answered

Amazon Music not displaying all music in Sonos

• 26 September 2023
  • 11 replies

After successfully using Amazon Music on Sonos for a long time I have discovered in the past week that  my full Amazon music library is no longer being displayed. Under Sonos Amazon Artists listing now only goes to the end of the letter “H” while Albums are only listed as far as “L”. Playlists are fine perhaps because I don't have nearly as many. I have had extensive discussions with Sonos and been through all the common fix processes like updating apps uninstalling/installing Sonos/Amazon apps, re booting router etc but the problem remains. Has anyone had this issue and found a solution?   

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Sounds like you are hitting the Amazon collection size limit. If you count how many items are shown, it will likely be a multiple of 100. I forget what Amazon’s limit is, maybe they have changed it again?

Badge

Thanks for the tip and will look into it however within the Amazon app it allows me to add as many albums/ artists as I choose. It’s only when I access Amazon via Sonos that the chosen albums/artists do not all display.

Amazon and Sonos limit the amount of data that can be transferred to the Sonos client. The source is a different server than your Amazon app, it has different restrictions, due to the Sonos SMAPI overlay. 

Badge

Appreciate the advice. I will do some research on your advice and delete some albums and see what impact that has. The Sonos guys I spoke to made no mention of the Sonos limit but your response and that from controlav make sense.

Thanks again.  

Badge

I should also clarify that my issue does not involve playlists which are working fine with as many as 300 plus songs in any one playlist. My issue relates specifically to Albums/Artists. So if I wish to play a specific album for an artist whose name thats after the letter “H” ie Rod Stewart, his albums do not appear on Sonos in the Amazon app even though they are available if I open the Amazon app and don't go through Sonos. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Amazon has a 500 item limit on containers, found the original thread:

A “container” can be a playlist, the list of artists, the list of albums, anything that forms a “node” in the music tree.

The limit is chosen by Amazon in their SMAPI implementation.

A “playable” container (eg a playlist) having a size limit makes sense, and Sonos recommend it in fact. However for a non-playable container (eg the list of artists) this limit doesn’t make sense, and might simply be a bug on their part.

Badge

Thank you I understand and will go back through Sonos to seek resolution.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Thank you I understand and will go back through Sonos to seek resolution.

You mean Amazon: it is their issue to resolve.

Badge

Still struggling to get a sensible response from Amazon

I have the same problem. A number of people were posting the same issue earlier in the year, but then it got resolved (through SONOS), only for it to reappear again more recently.

Badge

Sorry you've also had that experience Tony but good to know I’m not Robinson Crusoe. I am still waiting on responses from Sonos and Amazon so no resolution at this point.