Amazon Music Library Not Syncing

• 8 June 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I have signed out and in again, deleted the account and reauthorized it - nothing seems to work it is stuck reflecting an old Amazon Music library, with albums showing as unplayable. 

Please can you have a look at this for me from the back end? 

Thanks 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

@chrisOV Thank you for reaching out to here in the Sonos Community. I am unclear to what you mean as the back end. That may be a question for Amazon and your music service account with them. I would ask that you re-create this issue from another controller running the Sonos app. Also, we will need your network topology with the model names and numbers of the products that are wired or wirelessly connected on your network for any modem, router(s), extenders, access points or switches (managed or unmanaged). After you gathered this information then follow up here with the testing results of another controller, as well as an updated diagnostic report number.

After gathering the above information I would also suggest removing the Amazon music service from Sonos. Next, going online to your Amazon music account and update the user account password. You would then update this with any Amazon music app on your device(s) and then re-add the music service back to your Sonos system and confirm these testing results along with a second diagnostic report number from these steps.

I’m having a similar issue. An album I purchased several months ago on Amazon Music, that appeared in Sonos searches and was playing every morning as an alarm, suddenly stopped working. In “recently played” this album says “unable to browse music.” Lots of other Amazon albums show up. I have tried reauthorizing my Amazon Music account. I also tried removing the service from Sonos and then adding it back. I can play the album using air play from Amazon Music app, but it is really frustrating that I can’t diagnose why it won’t show up in Sonos app searches. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @nanzalone.

Thanks for reaching out, we’d be glad to help.

A "browse failure" typically occurs on the controller side and takes place before the Sonos player has received playback commands.

Have you tried using another controller and see if the same issue occurs?

To better understand what’s going on, kindly replicate the issue, then submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app shortly when it happens, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system and go from there, it will help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.