Answered

Amazon Music Issues with 14.6 Update

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Initiating music from the Amazon App and playing on Sonos speaker no longer shows the now playing details on the Sonos app.  Just shows Amazon Alexa.  No HD or Ultra HD symbol showing either.

icon

Best answer by bockersjv 22 April 2022, 10:53

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Badge +20

Working for me in the UK

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I’m in the UK too, was that music started in the Amazon Music app? and are you on 14.6?

It’s not currently working for me either, when the music is started with Alexa… (no artwork seen etc.):

"Alexa, play some music on (Room Name)"… 

Diagnostic: 903254475

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

No problems for me in the US running 14.6.  But I do not use Alexa…

@Jimmy C
Yes indeed, there are no issues when using the in-built Amazon Music service through the Sonos App - it’s just when initiating music using Amazon ‘Alexa’ voice services.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I doubt this will work. The metadata required to display that detail is not included in the Alexa-initiated streams.

Badge +17

Thanks for flagging this.

I’m now able to reproduce it on my own system, and I’ve passed it on to our engineers for investigation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I get this issue when using the Amazon Music App on any of my phones rather than it being Alexa instruction. 

I get this issue when using the Amazon Music App on any of my phones rather than it being Alexa instruction. 

Yep, same for me - looks like it’s perhaps an Amazon issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

This now appears to have been resolved.  At least for me!

This now appears to have been resolved.  At least for me!

Yes - now all working for me here too.👍

Perhaps this is a nice example of users noticing and reporting a problem, @James L. passing it on to the appropriate people and the problem being quickly fixed? 

Anyone having issue with Amazon music with an error that tells you to go to a music.amazon.com website and update information.  Don’t know what to update.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Anyone having issue with Amazon music with an error that tells you to go to a music.amazon.com website and update information.  Don’t know what to update.

Yeah that happens with some accounts. Many reports on reddit about it. You need to contact Amazon support.

Also see this link: https://status.sonos.com