Answered

All the Sonos devices cannot be connected over AirPlay

• 20 December 2022
  • 5 replies

It is an airplay issue.

I just bought a new iPhone 14pro with iOS 16.2 yesterday. All the Sonos speakers, Play 5, Sonos one, Beam and a pair of IKEA shelf model can be found clearly in the airplay list but cannot be connected. At the same time all the Sonos devices cannot be connected in Home app. But every speaker works perfect with Sonos S2 App. I’ve called the support service twice. There has been no workable solution yet though I have done all the suggestions offered by support team.

But it was strange that all the devices worked perfect with my old iPhone 12pro with same iOS 16.2.

My HomePod mini also works perfectly with the new phone.

Now my automatic home music system based on Sonos speakers and Apple HomeKit is dead.

icon

Best answer by AJ Lee 21 December 2022, 06:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Is there anyone who can teach me how to figure it out? Thanks a lot…

Not sure what’s going on here, especially as it worked fine with your older iPhone. As a guess, that points to something in the Apple ecosystem as being the issue, not on the Sonos side. 

One thing I’d do, more as a precaution than anything else, is a reset of your WiFi. Unplug all your Sonos devices from power, and power off your phone. Then reboot your router.

Sudden thought,  what kind of network do you have? More applicable to the Sonos app, but it might make a difference with AirPlay 2, also. 

Give the router a couple of minutes to finish its reboot process before plugging back in your Sonos, and powering back on your phone.  

Give them a couple of minutes to reboot and reconnect as well. Then test. 

Might be worth double checking that you don’t have the Sonos devices muted in the Sonos app, as well. 

Not sure what’s going on here, especially as it worked fine with your older iPhone. As a guess, that points to something in the Apple ecosystem as being the issue, not on the Sonos side. 

One thing I’d do, more as a precaution than anything else, is a reset of your WiFi. Unplug all your Sonos devices from power, and power off your phone. Then reboot your router.

Sudden thought,  what kind of network do you have? More applicable to the Sonos app, but it might make a difference with AirPlay 2, also. 

Give the router a couple of minutes to finish its reboot process before plugging back in your Sonos, and powering back on your phone.  

Give them a couple of minutes to reboot and reconnect as well. Then test. 

Might be worth double checking that you don’t have the Sonos devices muted in the Sonos app, as well. 

Thanks so much

I have done all you suggested but it didn’t work

Actually my router is AmpliFi Router HD with 2 mesh point from Ubiquiti Inc.

I just called Apple Support but their advice was insane. The advisor thought things went wrong with the new iPhone’s data recovery. I should erase all the data and reset the firmware. Maybe Apple was right, resetting everything will be the last solution.

Finally I got things done

I don’t know which side Sonos or Apple caused the problem. 1 hours ago I began to reset all my speakers and did all the things as they were just arrived at my home - connecting, setting Trueplay, setting rooms. It was insane and cost me about 1 hour but anyway my music system come back to back to me -_< 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @AJ Lee 

This may go some way to explain:

https://9to5mac.com/2022/12/21/apple-pulls-new-home-app-architecture-in-ios-16-2-as-users-complain-about-homekit-issues/

Although we rarely recommend factory resetting Sonos devices, in this case we have received reports from users that it will help - as long as you don’t then add the unit to (new) HomeKit afterwards.

I hope this helps.

Edit: I know you’ve already fixed it, but I’m posting this is all related threads