Answered

Album Artwork shows on PC Controller, but not on either of our phones?

• 11 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Previously, we had our album artwork showing correctly on our PC Controllers and o our phones (iPhone and Samsung Galaxy) My partner has poor eyesight, so relies on the artwork to identify the album he wants to play. Now, the artwork isn’t showing on either phone, but it is there in both PC’s Controllers?

We have done a Music Library update on both controllers, but the problem is still there.

Can you help please?

(As we have an older Sonos 5, we are still on Sonos S1 system)

icon

Best answer by Sotiris C. 13 June 2023, 11:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @martinhy01 , welcome to Sonos Community!

Unfortunately we were not able to reproduce this with either S1 or S2.

I suggest you do a reboot to all devices involved, starting with your router → Sonos devices → device with the Music Library → iPhone and Samsung Galaxy .

If the artwork still not showing on your phones but is showing fine on the PC controllers, submit diagnostics from a PC controller and a phone, note down the numbers and reach out to Sonos Support for some live troubleshooting.

I hope this helps.

Badge

Hello, thank you for this advice. So, I have done as you asked and there is a partial solution. There is now artwork on the 2 PC controllers, and on the Samsung Galaxy and the iPhone. Initially Success! But, whilst browsing the library last night on my iPhone, all the artwork just disappeared! (literally as I was looking at it!) I can't get it back. 

So, I have done as you suggested again, and this issue with the iPhone is still there - no artwork. There is artwork in everything else, such as Sonos Radio etc, its just our own Music Library. The support number for the iPhone is 206213261 and the Sonos Controller is 494461118.

I hope this helps.

Many thanks

Badge

Can I have an answer to my post above? The problem still persists.

Is artwork embedded in each music file, or separate as a ‘folder.jpg’ in the same directory?

In my experience Sonos sometimes doesn’t show ‘folder.jpg’ artwork, perhaps because a pathname is not being passed to the controller correctly, or the controller is just too impatient.

After many years (>15 in fact) of intermittent artwork failures I finally embedded art into all my library files, and haven’t seen a failure since. The process of embedding the art simply took an hour or three using Mp3tag as an unattended batch operation. I then deleted the ‘folder.jpg’ files (they’re backed up offline just in case).

I should add that all my artwork has a maximum size of 150 kB or 600x600 pixels.