Skip to main content

alarms not working

• 5 December 2023
  • 5 replies

Hello -

I have a Sonos and Sonos SL. The alarms stopped working. It says that they’re going off but there is no sound. I already did this (see below) for both my Sonos speakers and it didn’t fix either issue. 

Please help! 

Thanks, Brianna 

Please unplug the Amp from power for a time, then plug back in. Once the light has stopped flashing white, open the Sonos app and set an alarm for in a couple of minute’s time.

If that alarm does not work, please erase all alarms, then create one again for in a couple of minutes time. If that doesn’t help either, please let me know. Thanks.

I hope this helps.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Was this whilst using the ‘Sonos Chime’ as your alarm, or something else? If you were not using the Sonos Chime, then try it again using that for the alarm with say a 50% volume level …and also ensure that your Sonos system is set to the correct time zone in the Sonos App.

If still no joy, then perhaps reboot the local network router and try again.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Have experienced this issue with alarms pretty consistently with Sonos since I started using it years ago. Will work for a while then it won't intermittently. Can't be relied on for a wake up alarm. Only solution i’ve found is just using another device for alarms. 

Have experienced this issue with alarms pretty consistently with Sonos since I started using it years ago. Will work for a while then it won't intermittently. Can't be relied on for a wake up alarm. Only solution i’ve found is just using another device for alarms. 

I use both Sonos alarms in conjunction with Amazon Alexa alarms every day - and they work fine. They only ever become unreliable if the network connection is not reliable and network reliability may need monitoring on a fairly regular basis.

I’m having a similar problem, I have the amp and a move, if I set alarms on the move they work, if I set them on the amp they don’t. Networks fine …

Based on what you’re saying, I’d suggest the network isn’t fine, but of course I’m not privy to the diagnostic you’ve submitted to Sonos, nor the phone call you had discussing the contents thereof.