Answered

Alarm plays wrong station same day each week

• 26 September 2023
  • 5 replies

I’ve read about similar issues and tried the solutions, but mine is slightly different and not resolved yet. We have an alarm set for each weekday OrganLive from tunein at 6:54. It is fine on Mon, Wed, Thu, and Fri, but on Tue it plays a local station WESA 90.5 from Radio.net we have set in a different room at 6:30. No other alarms are set at that time, and no other apps are set. I’ve deleted and reset the alarm - that’s how I ended up at 6:54- but it still happens. I’ll try to submit a diagnostic when it happens next Tue. 

icon

Best answer by jgatie 26 September 2023, 14:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

If you are playing from a Favorite, delete the Favorite and re-add.

I’m not playing from a Favorite but an Alarm. It stopped for a couple of weeks but started this again yesterday and today. My diagnostic report is 191418909. 

It happened again today. The alarm plays NPR instead of my music station Organ Live from TuneIn. Today’s diagnostic code is 620325451. 

I’m not playing from a Favorite but an Alarm. It stopped for a couple of weeks but started this again yesterday and today. My diagnostic report is 191418909. 

When you set up the alarm, you had to add the station to the alarm from somewhere.  If you added it from My Sonos (nee Favorites), you have added it as a link which is subject to change.  Try adding the station to the alarm via TuneIn, which curates the links, or delete the favorite and re-add from TuneIn.

Also, it’s unfortunate that this community has no ability to access your diagnostics, something that is reserved for Sonos employees. And of course, Sonos support doesn’t read these forums, only Sonos moderators. If you want to get your diagnostics looked at, you should call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.