Answered

alarm not playing

• 30 March 2023
  • 3 replies

I set alarm to play sirius xm channel. It has worked for a while, no problem. Then in last 3 days it has stopped working and all I get is the Sonos chime. What is up ?

I tried unplugging and plugging sonos back in. It didn’t work

icon

Best answer by Corry P 30 March 2023, 10:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Drdaveor 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

There have been several reports here of certain SiriusXM channels being unavailable. Please change your alarm to a different channel, or to a different source altogether and it should work without issue.

We are investigating this issue with SiriusXM and there is currently no workaround. I’ll post here when there is more information.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Drdaveor 

In addition, if you have marked any SiriusXM channels as favourites, please remove the favourite and recreate it.

By extension, it may be enough to recreate your alarm entry with the updated link afterwards to get the alarm working again (rather than using a different channel, as I suggested above).

I hope this helps.

I had the same issue - I removed the channels from my favorites on Sonos and then re-added them and they are now working. SO not sure what the issue was, but this has resolved the issue I had with all of the XM channels that were not working.