Question

AirPlay issues

• 16 January 2021
  • 1 reply

I greatly prefer using the iTunes music app native to my iPhone to play music.  I have speakers in my bedroom, living room, and kitchen.  More often than not, at least one or more of the rooms does not show as an AirPlay option.  The missing speaker(s) are always available in the Sonos app though.  I have found that renaming them and then restoring them to the original name seems to usually work (ie, change “kitchen” to “bathroom” and then back to “kitchen” and then “kitchen” again shows as an option in the iTunes app.  It is super frustrating.  My old rig was with an old AirPort Express- worked flawlessly.  I expected Sonos to be an upgrade, but it is just very disappointing.  Am I missing something?  I prefer to not be forced into the Sonos app to play my library (all songs downloaded to my phone).

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi there @mmvchicago, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about this issue about Airplay on your Sonos system.  please submit a diagnostic and respond with the confirmation number. This way we can identify the cause and so that we can check the Airplay playback history on your Sonos devices. And also, Is it happening on all of your Apple device controllers for the Airplay issue?

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.