Skip to main content

After the IOS version 80.05.04 was updated, any text box in Sonos App can only be entered through Japanese or English and could not be changed into Simplified Chinese which I could use previously, any solutions? Thanks!

Hi @FateCele 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’m sorry to hear of the issue you’ve been having with entering text in the Sonos app, and I’d like to look into it for you.

Could you please share some screenshots of the issue you are having? Please also let me know which Chinese keyboard(s) you are selecting. Thanks.

Hi @FateCele 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’m sorry to hear of the issue you’ve been having with entering text in the Sonos app, and I’d like to look into it for you.

Could you please share some screenshots of the issue you are having? Please also let me know which Chinese keyboard(s) you are selecting. Thanks.

Hi, Corry,

Thanks so much for reaching out! Please find the screen shots, I have 4 keyboards setup in Iphone (English (United States), Emoji, Japanese and Simplified Chinese (Pin Yin)), while using the SONOS APP, e.g., doing the search, the only keyboards that I can choose are Japanese and English (US) and I cannot select either Chinese or Emoji, which you can find in another screen shot listing all the available keyboards. Hope this could clarify.

For the record, I tried to install a third-party Chinese input, and it works, I can select the third-party Chinese input option in SONOS APP, but still the ios built-in Chinese PinYin could not be available.

Hi @FateCele 

Thank you for that additional information. We have been able to replicate your issue in our own testing and we are now investigating.

Same issue with other languages as well on iOS