Skip to main content

Interesting issue. Since the new app cant add music library from hdd attached to an asus router whilst using the android app.

I keep getting permission denied messages (possibly because sonos seems to insist you type all details in and won't accept pasting) or it accepts the shared path and login id /password but then just hangs on the add share screen.

The shared path is //router name/Music

Under Music there are subfolders for each band.

If I select one band and add it, hey presto that bands albums/tracks are all added and play fine.

However if the band name has a space in the name  the add option hangs and nothing is added

e.g. //router name/Music/Led Zeppelin

It therefore appoears that Sonos cannot cope with the subfolders having a space in the name at that level and that is stopping the addition of the whole library.

If I try and add the library from a PC using the windows app I get a message that the location of the share has moved. This is complete nonsense and poor error reporting by Sonos.

UPDATE

It appears Sonos cannot cope with spaces in folder names. I've replaced them with underscore and  can now add Led_Zeppelin.

In the app the name appears as Led Zeppelin with no space.