Answered

Add to queue or play next - Date

Userlevel 2

All madness and disappointment aside, Will there be an update where we can ‘add to queue’ or ‘play next’? 

icon

Best answer by Andrew-s 15 May 2024, 03:03

View original

28 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

The information was there to be found, as Sonos have already posted this information in the forums, copied below:- 

Coming soon

• Additional improvements to screen reader for visually impaired customers: May 21
  • Adding to queue and playing next: early June
  • Sleep timer: mid-June
  • Snooze alarms: mid-June
  • Local music library search and playback: mid-June
  • Update WiFi settings: mid-June
Userlevel 2

Thanks for sharing this.

Userlevel 1

Annoying that this wasn't included in this update or new software.

This is really the only way I interact with the music.  I find it and add it to the queue.

Soon, I guess.  Thank you for the infoemation.

Userlevel 1

Just don’t understand you released a major version without this feature 🤨 

we can’t neither edit a list while playing

these both features are the one we use the most…

Not a good job on this side, guys.

the rest sounds good.

Userlevel 1

Seems like a rushed update without proper testing. 
Time for a new all home system I’m thinking that integrates better with my music services so I can get all the features available like you get in the vehicle with android auto or apple car play 

Userlevel 2

This is a disgrace. In fact all of my Sonos system is unusable. I really don’t understand how Sonos can release a new app with all that errors and missing features. 

So you have to create a separate playlist in some other app like Apple Music and then play it on Sonos.

Brilliant I say, brilliant.😡

Unreal, who needs firing in the dev team that doesnt spot that users perhaps listening to a playlist/album and someone mentions a song that they are reminded of, then one finds the song by searching in the app and simply clicks on it with an option to play next or add to end of queue?

This is poor, childish like testing.

Be honest it isnt about an oversight as it's simply impossible to miss.

This is about Sonos trying to change/force user behaviours to fit their warped world!

Maybe some payback/backhanders from music streaming services perhaps.

Sort it for lord sake, I have Sonos in every room of my home and office, on TVs with around 10k of investment over the years and in one fail swoop you deem the system unfriendly and useless.

Userlevel 4
Badge

This article might be worth keeping an eye on - it does seem to be updated now and then

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/the-new-sonos-app-and-future-feature-updates

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

This Sonos app is a load of sh*t, a music app that doesn't have add to queue is about as useful as a chocolate teapot!!  Seriously thinking of ditching Sonos speakers altogether!!

This article might be worth keeping an eye on - it does seem to be updated now and then

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/the-new-sonos-app-and-future-feature-updates

Thanks for posting this!

All madness and disappointment aside, Will there be an update where we can ‘add to queue’ or ‘play next’? 

I can’t believe an update to the Sonos app was released without these features. Is there no debugging of new code or checklist for full functionality?

What a cock-up!

Userlevel 1

Things that should have been there from the beginning!!

STOP RELEASING UNFINISHED UPDATES!!

Userlevel 1

Things that should have there from the beginning!!

STOP RELEASING UNFINISHED UPDATES

Userlevel 1

I get that it’s only a month or 2 to wait for these features, but they were features from the original build, so why is it taking so long to get them back… It’s going to be just enough time to really upset some big time and long time users...

BIG MISS. An already difficult to use app that I finally got comfortable with. Then this new monstrosity that misses critical functionality. Someone had a hard deadline they were going to miss. Write better code. Or better yet, leave it alone!!!  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So you have to create a separate playlist in some other app like Apple Music and then play it on Sonos.

Brilliant I say, brilliant.😡

Yes, that’s bad enough, but if you want to combine tracks from more than one service in a Sonos playlist, you can’t do that at all. Although a lot of the music I want to hear is on one service, not everything is, so I do use combined lists. I also have countdown lists where I manually remove tracks after playing, and I often rearrange tracks as well. So I hope they’re bringing back the entire queue management list, and not just the ability to add tracks.

This is the most irresponsible oversight I have ever experienced in my life. After 39 years on earth cannot think of a time I have been more disappointed.  Shame on Sonos. Two days without the que and play next feature is too long. Bad form!

Sonos what on earth .. I queue my music and thats how I and the house listen to music. 
sort it out or I change to another provider .. pretty simple really …. and I now find myself questioning your motive

In addition crossfade is pretty much obsolete .. maybe I need to delve deeper… 

Role on early June for the update  .. although why not just launch early June 

Userlevel 1

This app update sucks. 
Every aspect is flawed. 
Do better Sonos people. 

I never comment, but feel this new crap-app compelles me to! It’s absolute rubbish slow loading slow to change volume, and no play next not included!

the designers clearly do not own Sonos products.

in the bin - Wake up Sonos 

I don't normally complain 🤷 but I dislike not being able to add to queue which I used a lot.

Worse is the slow response from this app on more than a few occasions I get a message saying can't find system I have to close the app and open it again.

I never had that problem before. 

Sonos really dropped the ball on this update. This is terrible. I can’t add to the Queue, alarm is missing and the network settings is gone , everything is lagging. I hate this update. I paid to much money do be going through this stuff. I have almost 20 speakers in my house that I’m ready to get rid of