Skip to main content
Answered

add streaming url to sonos radio app

• 6 June 2023
  • 6 replies

How to add a streaming url station to my Sonos radio app

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Add an Internet radio station to Sonos

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Using the Sonos App for iOS or Android:

1. From the Browse tab, select TuneIn.
  2. Tap My Radio Stations.
  3. Tap the three dots in the top right and tap Add New Radio Station.
  4. Enter the Streaming URL and Station Name and tap OK.
  5. The station will be listed and available in the My Radio Stations section under TuneIn.

Using the Sonos App for Mac or PC:

6. Select Manage and Add Radio Station.
  7. Paste in the streaming URL of the station you wish to add, and type in the name of the station.
  8. From the Sonos music menu, navigate to TuneIn > My Radio Stations where the newly added station will be listed.
  9. On a Mac, the “Manage” menu can be found in the toolbar in the top left corner of the screen. On a PC, the “Manage” menu is found at the top left of the Sonos application.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Note that if you do not have the old version of TuneIn configured, you have no easy way of playing it back. (The new version of TuneIn doesn’t list them).

Badge

How do I add it to the Sonos radio?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I have the old Tunein and a number of URL’s for many years now.  I got the notice the old Tunein is going away and will have to use the new version.  I have the new app and not finding a way to transfer / add my current URL’s and have asked Tunein for help and have been waiting for days and so far nothing.  Is there an alternative if the new app doesn’t allow the URL’s?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

How do I add it to the Sonos radio?

Sonos Radio does not support custom urls.