Answered

Add music service - Tidal not on menu

• 22 April 2024
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Trying to resolve a connection issue between Tidal and my Sonos app, I deleted Tidal from my list of music services. When I went to add it again, Tidal was not available in the list of music services in the drop down menu. Neither was Apple Music, which I’d also removed. 

I tried all the usual methods to resolve the issue; removed and reinstalled relevant apps and ensured all were on the most recent updates. I deleted the Sonos app from all my devices save one. 

I am able to play directly from Tidal to my Sonos devices, I just can't play directly from Sonos using Tidal Connect.

Finally I contacted Sonos via live chat, we both concluded it was weird. They suggested I call the Sonos phone line for help which I did just now but the wait time is lengthy, so I’m hoping for some help here in the community. 

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by ClausN 22 April 2024, 12:09

View original

7 replies

Check that “Country” in your Sonos profile is correct 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Thank you. I’ve checked, and it wasn’t. I’ve now updated it to the correct profile but the available music services still don't include Tidal. I’ll give it 24hrs as I understand these things can take a little time to work through the system. 

Thank you. I’ve checked, and it wasn’t. I’ve now updated it to the correct profile but the available music services still don't include Tidal. I’ll give it 24hrs as I understand these things can take a little time to work through the system. 

Rather than waiting 24 hours, you could also perhaps try an App reset via ‘App Preferences’ and on reopening, connect it back to the existing Sonos system on the local network. That has worked for me in the past.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi Ken, and thanks. I’ve tried that but as yet no dice. I’ve not had this issue at all before but the region reset might’ve occurred inadvertently with a recent Sonos addition to my system. 

My other thoughts are to reboot the local router - nothing ventured etc. it’s just better than waiting in the hope that the issue will be resolved by time.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Completed, but again no change.  I had both Tidal and Apple Music on the added services within my Sonos Account. I removed both, and neither now appear. To test this out I added Bandcamp  before removing it from my music services. Bandcamp is still visible on the list. I’ll give it a day and see where I’m at with it then. Thanks again for your interest and help, Ken.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I checked just now and Tidal is back on my list of available music services. Thank you for the helpful responses!