Skip to main content
Answered

"Access to the shared folder (path) is denied - check the username and/or

• 11 January 2024
  • 3 replies

I recently upgraded to a new M2 MacBook Air and Sonos is no longer able to access my music in my library.  Under Settings I ensured Sonos had access to all Media and Apple Music, I gave Sonos full disc access under “Files and Folders”, and I turned on File Sharing and Media Sharing under General>Sharing.  I also deleted the previous link to my music library in the Sonos app.

When I go to Sonos>Settings>Music Library and try to add my music library location I am asked to put in my computer username and password and then when I try to add the folder Im given the following:

“Access to the shared folder (music folder path) is denied - check the username and/or password.”

This seems to be a common problem but none of the solutions Ive found in previous posts work for me. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Do you have the Sonos app on your new computer?

I know little about Mac but have seen that mentioned here.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

@Stanley_4  yes. I downloaded a fresh copy of the Sonos app when I got the new computer. Which’s works fine for streaming services except that I can’t get my local music library connected. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @minimalist 

Thanks for your post!

I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.