Skip to main content
Answered

“Accept” terms and conditions button won’t turn black. It is always grey so cannot work.

“Accept” terms and conditions button won’t turn black. It is always grey so cannot work. This seems to have been a problem for over five years now with no fix. Just waiting an hour to hear back from customer support, who pointed me at a four-year-old thread to remove Sonos one and Sonos two apps, reboot your phone and start a fresh. Have repeated this a dozen times with no success. Next bit of advice from Sonos was to get an android phone instead of an iPhone. Customer support told me that my two-year-old iPhone on the latest iOS was “old”, and I should get an android to be able to use Sonos. How can this problem have been going on for five years with no fix, and no fix in sight? I have a fortune invested in Sonos one and have started investing in Sonos two which is now unavailable to me.

41 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

“Accept” terms and conditions button won’t turn black. It is always grey so cannot work.

Have you tried scrolling all the way to the bottom of the terms and conditions. Usually a gray button indicates that you need to READ the WHOLE thing and you can only do that by scrolling to the bottom (after which the button becomes clickable) 😁

FYI Two other threads with owners having the same issue in the last day or two. Scrolling to the bottom not working for some

Userlevel 1

one of those is me!

to be clear I have scrolled and read ALL terms and privacy notices top to bottom on the app, I have read them on the website having logged in and then gone back to ther app. I have refershed the language, I have reinstalled the app from the app store and from the website. All support can suggest is try another phone. No issues with any other apps on my phone, latest IOS and previous app working until the update yesterday.

Sonos -please put the previous version of the app back to download please

Userlevel 1

Same problem here on my iPhone running the latest iOS. I’ve scrolled, deleted and reinstalled the app, restarted the phone, all multiple times and I can’t get the ACCEPT button to turn black. Why is Sonos deaf to this problem? Such nice speakers, such crap software. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Gary Couch et al

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

We have identified an issue whereby some users will be unable to progress past the step of accepting the Terms & Conditions within the Sonos app.

Please ensure that you have not set your mobile device to enlarge the contents of the screen in any way - if you have, setting the zoom back to the standard setting may allow you to accept the T&Cs in the app.

If the above does not help, please try using the Sonos app on a different device in the meantime - if that is an option for you.

We have no estimate for when a fix might be put in place, but this issue is a high priority. I’ll update this thread when it is resolved. Thank you for your patience.

I hope this helps.

@Gary Couch 

how wil you notify us when this has been fixed? I was hoping to play my Sonos speaker all day today as it’s been my first day off work for ages and because it won’t accept terms and conditions I cannot listen to my Music . This is INCREDIBLY disappointing. It’s such an expensive item to not be able to use.

@Gary Couch

how wil you notify us when this has been fixed? I was hoping to play my Sonos speaker all day today as it’s been my first day off work for ages and because it won’t accept terms and conditions I cannot listen to my Music . This is INCREDIBLY disappointing. It’s such an expensive item to not be able to use.

It might be a while - so I’d perhaps try the suggestions mentioned. I’ve just tried it and things worked okay for me on an iPad 10 controller App, but clearly YMMV.

@Gary Couch

There is a bug in the app where if you use any text enlargements the button will not work. Try turning this or anything else that scales the text beyond default size off. Then try. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Sitting on the dock 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I don’t think the poster of this topic will inform you of anything. I, however, will post a message here when I am informed that the issue has been resolved.

@Corry P 

Could I have an update please 

thanks

@Corry P

thanks

There hasn’t been any updates yet.. maybe monitor this link:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/release-notes-for-sonos-software-updates

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

@Corry P

thanks

Have you actually ensured your display settings on your device are set to default zoom (or no zoom) and text set to small, and then tried to accept the Ts &Cs, which has been recommended as the solution?

Yes all my text is small 

Yes all my text is small 

That’s the fix that works for most but not all. You may want to give them a call and see what they suggest. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Yes all my text is small 

Yes, but it’s not only text size, it’s also setting Display Zoom to Default. You’ve never confirmed you’ve done that.

I’ve tried all and assurerad minimum text size + default zoom settings. Nothing works. This outrageous!!!! Iphone users cant use the app. How’s this even possible for any company not to fix immediately???

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I’ve tried all and assurerad minimum text size + default zoom settings. Nothing works. This outrageous!!!! Iphone users cant use the app. How’s this even possible for any company not to fix immediately???

To potentially help with the battery drain of the new app, earlier today I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. I have an iPhone 14 Plus, so it’s not true that iPhone users can’t use the app. I needed to accept the Ts&Cs which I was able to do. 

Maybe uninstall it, ensure you have Display Zoom on Default, and reinstall it again and see if it makes a difference this time. 

Thanks. But as I wrote I have already tried all that and nothing works. It’s totally unbelievable that this issue has been outstanding for this long. It must be many many thousand users out there that can’t use the app. Very few will bother to find this community and complain. Hard to understand Sonos doesn’t realize the badwill this creates…

Thanks. But as I wrote I have already tried all that and nothing works. It’s totally unbelievable that this issue has been outstanding for this long. It must be many many thousand users out there that can’t use the app. Very few will bother to find this community and complain. Hard to understand Sonos doesn’t realize the badwill this creates…

It works here. The ‘Accept’ button lit up when I scrolled the page. I made a recording on my iPhone to show you. (attached).

@Ken_Griffiths Well after weeks it’s now working! 
why haven’t we been informed though? 
thanks for the heads up though 

Good for you Ken, but it does not on mine. Probably depends on what iPhone model you’ve got. I got an iPhone SE gen 2, it is one of the smaller models maybe it has to do with the screen size?

@Ken_Griffiths Well after weeks it’s now working! 
why haven’t we been informed though? 
thanks for the heads up though 

Sonos I guess want to ensure their App/System users view/read the entire T&C’s page and only after scrolling to the bottom of the page, will the ‘Accept’ button become active, because it’s then clear that you’ve at least viewed the page on screen - anyhow glad you have manage to now sort it.👍

Good for you Ken, but it does not on mine. Probably depends on what iPhone model you’ve got. I got an iPhone SE gen 2, it is one of the smaller models maybe it has to do with the screen size?

Did you check the font and screen-size settings on the iDevice are all set at their default settings? - Maybe scroll the T&C’s page up and down a couple of times too - hope you can sort it.

If not try removing/reinstalling the Sonos App again and ensure there perhaps isn’t something else running in the background on the iDevice that might posdibly be interfering with the App in some way, such as VPN client etc.

I have the same problem. Just purchased a Beam Gen 2. Downloaded the app (iPhone SE 2022) but can’t accept the Ts & Cs because the the button never enables. IOS is up to date. No font scaling, I can see everything, read everything, scroll to the bottom of both ‘Terms of Use’ and ‘License and Warranty Agreement’ but the Accept button is never active. Very disappointed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I have the same problem. Just purchased a Beam Gen 2. Downloaded the app (iPhone SE 2022) but can’t accept the Ts & Cs because the the button never enables. IOS is up to date. No font scaling, I can see everything, read everything, scroll to the bottom of both ‘Terms of Use’ and ‘License and Warranty Agreement’ but the Accept button is never active. Very disappointed.

Font scaling aside, what is your Display Zoom set to? If it’s not Default, you may not be able to Accept.

Not sure if the Ts & Cs come up there too but you could try installing the desktop version of the app on Windows or PC (download from the Sonos website) and see if you get the chance to accept, and if it carries over.