Skip to main content

5/21 Update - Sonos Boost

• 21 May 2024
  • 2 replies

I have a Google Mesh setup and never had a problem with it with Sonos (I know all the stories about the bands) . Update new app and it keeps dumping my system. Support blames the mesh and it's band with choosing. I mention I have a Boost I never installed but saw it wasn't working with the new app. Move to an hour later and a new update lists fixing issues eith the Boost. Open the box, start the install. After it sees the Boost, it tells me to disconnect the ethernet cable to start the next step. When I do that, it just shoots back to the settings page. Have tried two dozen times and the exact same thing each time. Anyone else know how to get around this?

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have two Boosts and with today’s update they still don’t show up in the app despite there being some indications that SonosNet is active. But the update caused myriad other problems in the settings. You’re not alone, Sonos has a lot more work to do. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

I have two Boosts and with today’s update they still don’t show up in the app despite there being some indications that SonosNet is active. But the update caused myriad other problems in the settings. You’re not alone, Sonos has a lot more work to do. 

Yep. And at this point I was one of those who had their sub and theater cut out randomly over and over for about 5 months. The whole time they denied it was them but amazingly everything was fixed for almost all of us with an update. Now this. I'm not the "I'm entitled guy" but at this point with this much money dumped and was wanting the headphones, everyone should be getting a free year of sonos music or something. This is nuts.