14.19 update

• 15 November 2022
  • 36 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Anyone updated any idea what it does?

36 replies

My Beam (gen1) has lost bass and presence. At first, I thought I was hearing sound from a thin monitor’s speaker. ☹️

Have you submitted a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and called Sonos Support to discuss it?

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Badge +1

My Beam (gen1) has lost bass and presence. At first, I thought I was hearing sound from a thin monitor’s speaker. ☹️

The same thing happened to me, the bass increased slightly but the sound got worse, it sounds boxed in

Badge +1

¿Alguien actualizó alguna idea de lo que hace?

En mi caso tengo un haz gen1 + 2 one Sl y el sonido proveniente del 14.19 no es de mi agrado, perdió claridad y noté un ligero aumento de graves

Badge +1

In my case I have a beam gen1 + 2 one Sl and the sound coming from the 14.19 is not to my liking, it lost clarity and I noticed a slight increase in bass

Userlevel 2
Badge

Based on the responses I decided to upgrade and agree everything sounds better. 

Based on your post I bit the bullet and updated 

My fives and sub for music I had to increase sub level but left eq the same sound OK

My HT setup I haven't noticed any improvement as yet but it's early days 😊

Bottom line it's not worse 👍

Concur, updated after others confirmed it was 'safe'. Sub3 does appear a little more punchy than before. Volume on Arc retained, together with the Enhanced Clarity profile, which I'm still not a fan of.

That's a shame the Arc keeps the enhanced clarity profile, guess it's here to stay for an little while at least. Wish they would just make the speech enhancement option toggle this profile on/off (off being 14.10).

I'm going to hold fire on updating for a whole yet in case any new bugs rear their head.

Ok, so Ive refreshed TruePlay. More bass (a bit too boomy), less presence still. Sound is still not as good as before. 

Badge +1

My Beam (gen1) ha perdido graves y presencia. Al principio, pensé que estaba escuchando el sonido del altavoz de un monitor delgado. ☹️

A mí me pasó lo mismo, el bajo aumentó ligeramente pero el sonido empeoró, suena encajonado

Olvidé mencionar que también el volumen ahora es más bajo incluso al 100% en mi haz gen1

My Beam (gen1) ha perdido graves y presencia. Al principio, pensé que estaba escuchando el sonido del altavoz de un monitor delgado. ☹️

A mí me pasó lo mismo, el bajo aumentó ligeramente pero el sonido empeoró, suena encajonado

Olvidé mencionar que también el volumen ahora es más bajo incluso al 100% en mi haz gen1

@XanderRD,

It sounds like you may perhaps have an hardware issue, as the overall volume-level for the Beam should not have altered.. perhaps best to submit a System Diagnostic report and speak to the Sonos Support Staff via this LINK. I have a Beam (Gen1) setup with two Ones and a Sub-Mini and it sounds really good and certainly goes louder than I would ever need it to.. we only ever use a volume no more than 40% and less in most cases.

Parece que tal vez tenga un problema de hardware, ya que el nivel de volumen general del Beam no debería haberse alterado... tal vez sea mejor enviar un informe de diagnóstico del sistema y hablar con el personal de soporte de Sonos a través de este ENLACE.  Tengo una configuración Beam (Gen1) con dos Ones y un Sub-Mini y suena muy bien y sin duda suena más alto de lo que nunca lo necesitaría... solo usamos un volumen de no más del 40% y menos en la mayoría de los casos.

Badge +1

@XanderRD,

It sounds like you may perhaps have an hardware issue, as the overall volume-level for the Beam should not have altered.. perhaps best to submit a System Diagnostic report and speak to the Sonos Support Staff via this LINK. I have a Beam (Gen1) setup with two Ones and a Sub-Mini and it sounds really good and certainly goes louder than I would ever need it to.. we only ever use a volume no more than 40% and less in most cases.

Parece que tal vez tenga un problema de hardware, ya que el nivel de volumen general del Beam no debería haberse alterado... tal vez sea mejor enviar un informe de diagnóstico del sistema y hablar con el personal de soporte de Sonos a través de este ENLACE.  Tengo una configuración Beam (Gen1) con dos Ones y un Sub-Mini y suena muy bien y sin duda suena más alto de lo que nunca lo necesitaría... solo usamos un volumen de no más del 40% y menos en la mayoría de los casos.

Muchas gracias, en cuanto llegue a casa será lo primero que haré 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Looks like another speaker update needed even though the app hasn’t updated. Anybody know what it does?