Answered

youtube music podcasts - connection lost

• 11 February 2024
  • 6 replies

Anytime I attempt to play a podcast through YouTube Music, I receive the error "Unable to play (podcast) - the connection to YouTube Music was lost." I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting the service but with no luck. I'm able to play music, just no podcasts... Anyone else experiencing this? 

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 12 February 2024, 16:46

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Kramer265, welcome to the Sonos Community!

There isn’t anything on our status page to indicate an issue with YouTube Music, however I did see another thread today that has this same issue so I suspect that there could be.

I’ll raise this with our team to see if they’re able to replicate the issue on our end. I would also recommend reaching out to our support team to provide any information you have on this issue and to troubleshoot this with them.

I hope this helps!

This is definitely an issue. I think it is related to the fact that podcasts are a new Youtube music feature (google podcasts shut down and encouraged us to move our podcasts to Youtube music). Sonos plays all music--but doesn’t not support playing the podcasts. Please fix this as I want to use the complete Youtube music feature set.

YouTube decides on which content they provide to Sonos. If there is content not showing up in Sonos, you should be discussing that with YouTube. All Sonos does is point your system to a server that is operated by YouTube. 

Sonos limiting music libraries to 500 songs is trash af especially since you are "high-end." Now I can't even enjoy my podcasts on your your products, stop being salty since Google beat you. 

YouTube decides on which content they provide to Sonos. If there is content not showing up in Sonos, you should be discussing that with YouTube. All Sonos does is point your system to a server that is operated by YouTube. 

Podcasts shows up in Sonos, but they can't be played.  Therefore it's likely a Sonos issue 

OK, if it shows up, that means YouTube is indeed sending the data to be shown in the Sonos controller. If it isn’t playing, and you think it is a Sonos issue, I would run a submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.