Skip to main content

No, not the usual problem hopefully.

On my Iphone I can go to YouTube and listen to an audio/video direct to Sonos via the icon that appears on the actual video screen’

If I do exactly the same thing on my PC  the icon does not appear.

I’m running latest Windows edition.

Does anyone know why please?

Hi @ISLAWIGHTER, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Thanks for bringing this up. About your question, I like to ask if are you referring to the Airplay icon on your iPhone? If you are casting it to your Sonos speakers, it will work since this feature is available on IOS devices. However, on a Windows PC, that feature may not be available. You may check this article about Stream Airplay audio on Sonos for further reference and information. 

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Hi Simon 

thanks for response. 
Your reply shows that I don’t know the difference between the airplay and Bluetooth icons.

As you say AirPlay not available on a PC.

sorry to be a pain 

Richsrd

Hi @ISLAWIGHTER, thanks for the update. About your question. Airplay is not available on Windows devices as this feature is available only on IOS or Mac devices. If you can show to me the icon that you see on your iPhone that you don’t see on the Windows PC, then we can verify if we are talking about the same thing for the Airplay icon.

If you have other questions with your Sonos products, feel free to reach out.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Simon

Yes I’ve looked at icons again and confirm your suspicions.

On a totally different theme when listening to a station through Tunein have Sonos input their own adverts over the station you may be listening to? They seem to not start/ finish properly and also I keep getting told the Covid rate for Essex which I live nowhere near.

Hi @ISLAWIGHTER, thanks for the update. About your question on TuneIn, If you are using a TuneIn free subscription, you may get ads and commercials through stations. They offer TuneIn Pro and Premium Ad-Free to their services. 

If there is anything else I can do for you, please, don’t hesitate to let me know.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

May I ask, is there a reason that there isn’t a supported android equivalent to the Airdrop function in Sonos?  Chromecast is decidedly open and easy to implement.

Hi @Earquake, thanks for reaching out. About your question. All the functions and features from Android or IOS are from the developers of their own platforms. Sonos is trying its best to integrate these features given that this functions to be available by our partners. We'll make sure that we'll pass this on to our engineering team as a feature request. Rest assured that we'll try our best to improve your experience with our Sonos products and services.

Let me know your thoughts with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.