Question

Your Sonos system was not found.. I was just using it!?!?

Hi,

I have a setup consisting of a playbar, sub, 2x play 1's, and a play5 in another room.

I've been using them quite happily for a couple of years now and never had a problem until the last few weeks.

I'm now getting the above message EVERY time I launch an iphone controller or the mac os app.

With the iphone app, I can manage to get it to re-connect following the instructions to connect to an existing setup and by pressing the volume up/mute buttons (sometimes after several attempts) but I can't get the mac os app to work at all. It says it has connected after following the setup instructions, but it really hasn't and then presents the above message.

Please help. I'm really struggling to use any sonos equipment!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi,

I have a setup consisting of a playbar, sub, 2x play 1's, and a play5 in another room.

I've been using them quite happily for a couple of years now and never had a problem until the last few weeks.

I'm now getting the above message EVERY time I launch an iphone controller or the mac os app.

With the iphone app, I can manage to get it to re-connect following the instructions to connect to an existing setup and by pressing the volume up/mute buttons (sometimes after several attempts) but I can't get the mac os app to work at all. It says it has connected after following the setup instructions, but it really hasn't and then presents the above message.

Please help. I'm really struggling to use any sonos equipment!

Hi Chris,

Please send in a diagnostic report from your iPhone once you have it connected to your system. Then, reply here with the confirmation number. Here's how to submit reports.
Hi,

I've submitted the diagnostic report from my mac with confirmation number 6279323.

I've also submitted a diagnostic report from my ios device with confirmation number 6279363.

Just to confirm, I cannot get the mac app to connect at all. It says it connects once I manually go through trying, but then presents the screen telling you it can't find the system again.

The ios app is on and off (mostly off).

Thanks
Chris
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi,

I've submitted the diagnostic report from my mac with confirmation number 6279323.

I've also submitted a diagnostic report from my ios device with confirmation number 6279363.

Just to confirm, I cannot get the mac app to connect at all. It says it connects once I manually go through trying, but then presents the screen telling you it can't find the system again.

The ios app is on and off (mostly off).

Thanks
Chris

Hi Chris,

The data on the Sonos side of things looks okay. Most of the time when the Mac controller acts in the way you've described it is due to firewall or antivirus settings preventing the full connection. Here's a quick guide to configuring your firewall and antivirus for Sonos.

The firewall settings should not cause your iOS controller to lose connection though. Here's a walk through for getting your devices reconnected to Sonos.

If these steps don't get you reconnected, or if your controllers lose connection again, please let me know and I'll create a support ticket for you and get you in touch with our phone team.
Hi, I've created a diagnostic report from my iOS device showing that this morning it cannot connect. Confirmation number 6282187.
I just reviews your instructions to get re-connected, but that only works sometimes, and then like today - I go back into the app and it has not found anything.
Badge +20
Presume Sonos got you to restart your router?
I've restarted it but no joy. The latest find is that if I just leave the mac app open on the message telling me that it couldn't find the sonos equipment for about 3 or 4 mins it eventually connects. As soon as you close the app and re-open it, it fails to connect again - but once again you can leave it for a few minutes and eventually it connects.
Badge
I get the same problem on iphone 6 ehrn i go to other apps
also it looses connection to wifi regularly, i get the cant play song network error or lcant find your system error

its relay anoying
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I've restarted it but no joy. The latest find is that if I just leave the mac app open on the message telling me that it couldn't find the sonos equipment for about 3 or 4 mins it eventually connects. As soon as you close the app and re-open it, it fails to connect again - but once again you can leave it for a few minutes and eventually it connects.

Hi Chris,

It looks like you're working with our tier 2 team to get this issue resolved. I've added the notes from this thread into the ticket.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I get the same problem on iphone 6 ehrn i go to other apps
also it looses connection to wifi regularly, i get the cant play song network error or lcant find your system error

its relay anoying

Hi Lujo,

Please follow the steps in this guide to get reconnected to your system.

If the issue continues to happen, please send in a diagnostic report once connected and reply with the confirmation number. Here's how to submit reports.
I’m also having the same issue. Here is my diagnose no. 1473071120..

I’m using Sonos One and I got a new play 5 add new speaker as usual doesn’t work. Tried wired reset all don’t work.

Also reset the controller and setup as new system. This time setup my play 5 first. Add another speaker Sonos One also cannot. I just show error cannot find your sonos product.