Wrong app language

• 29 November 2014
  • 6 replies

My iPhone controller app has changed it's language to Norwegian by itself. I could not find any settings to reset it to English. I removed the app and reloaded it but it's still in Norwegian. I'm living in Finland and would prefer English in my controller app. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hi Petri,

The Sonos app controller will adapt to the language your iPhone is setup to. If your iPhone is in Norwegian the Sonos app will also be in Norwegian.

Thanks
Hi Petri,

The Sonos app controller will adapt to the language your iPhone is setup to. If your iPhone is in Norwegian the Sonos app will also be in Norwegian.

Thanks

Thanks for info but my iPhone is in Finnish language which is not supported by your app. Just guessing but perhaps Finnish has accidentally been linked with Norwegian instead of English?
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hi Petri,

Thanks

I would like to open a case ticket number for this issue. The work around for the Sonos app to be in English for now is to put your iPhone in English. I understand this is not a solution this is way I would like to ask you to submit a diagnostic and reply with the confirmation number. Here is a FAQ showing you how to submit a system diagnostic. Once I have the confirmation number I will open the ticket and a Tier 2 agent will contact you via email.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Hi

I have a similar problem with my new iPad Pro 12.9 (2018). My iPad’s language is finnish and Sonos controller has automatically application language Swedish! I would prefer have English as language as I have on my iPhone. Is the only solution to change the language of my iPad from Finnish to English?

I have read that my iPhone has English Sonos due to the fact that Sonos is unable or unwilling to have other languages on iPhones. That’s my luck but I would also have English on my iPad!

BR
Hi

I have a similar problem with my new iPad Pro 12.9 (2018). My iPad’s language is finnish and Sonos controller has automatically application language Swedish! I would prefer have English as language as I have on my iPhone. Is the only solution to change the language of my iPad from Finnish to English?

I have read that my iPhone has English Sonos due to the fact that Sonos is unable or unwilling to have other languages on iPhones. That’s my luck but I would also have English on my iPad!

BR

Yes I would try switching your device to English as suggested by Ryan S. There is nothing to lose by trying that. Then perhaps contact Sonos Customer Care to see if they can assist you further.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Heureka!

I found the solution all by myself! iPad can have many languages and you just have to choose English as the second language before Swedish. I have now languages in the order Finnish - English - Swedish. So Sonos doesn’t support Finnish and selects the second language in the queue which is English!

I hope this helps somebody else in the country using non-Sonos language.