Wishlist for Sonos Controller Improvements

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

291 replies

I'd love to see multiple account support for Apple Music. I have a family account and fairly different music tastes from the rest of my family, it would be good if everyone could access their own "For You" section... right now it's a pain, only one person gets "their" tastes, everyone else having to search. Whole house soon "sonos'ized" so multi-room is great for me, I just need multi-account now!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Sorry I'm not up to date on Apple Music abilities but you can't go to another family members device and go to add service and add Apple Music under their name. Most services have the ability to add different accounts for different devices.
Sorry I'm not up to date on Apple Music abilities but you can't go to another family members device and go to add service and add Apple Music under their name. Most services have the ability to add different accounts for different devices.
So..... thanks so much! I am absolutely sure I'd looked it up a while ago and it didn't work, but then didn't check again before posting... anyway - this now definitely works, which is great - may have been the latest update... Thanks!
Why was the setup made more confusing? Why would you add additional steps onto the setup of a new component? Why do I have to pick from a list of products, when it used to be way more simpler? It used to be: Add a SONOS Component, and then you hit the buttons on it, then it added it, and you were done. Now, you have to pick from a list, go through about 4 screens before you can even press the buttons on the component. This is ridiculous, from a Gold Dealers standpoint, when having to install multiple devices. Faster, and less screens is better. Put it back to the old way. Add a Component, and you're done.
Suggestion: Create a new Sonos app / software called "SONOS Virtual Speaker" which is separate from the Controller, which is a "Virtual" Sonos speaker which you can install on Phones, Desktops, Laptops, iPads, whatever, and that virtual speaker can be included into your Sonos network so you can stream to those devices along with your physical Sonos speakers so they all play In-Sync. Those devices are already hooked into your network...so you should be able to use similar software to stream to them... just need to include the player piece in the "virtual speaker".

Just a thought.:D
Sonos is not going to create software to let you make other manufacturer's devices into Sonos players. That would be business suicide.
I would like to be able to add multiple items from the search results to the queue easily on the iPad app. Now this takes 3 taps per track+wait for "item added" message.
I would like to be able to add multiple items from the search results to the queue easily on the iPad app. Now this takes 3 taps per track+wait for "item added" message.

+1 - barring that, provide the option to turn off the message and stay at the screen where the music was selected and not redirect to now playing screen.
4. Add non-cached tag information into the track info facility; eg. Date released, Composer, Date ripped, Lyrics, etc ... hint: I added the info into the track tags because it is important to me

7. Allow for a Genre->Composer->Album index, ie. additional to the Genre->Artist->Album index which you have
8. Allow for a Composer->Genre->Album index, ie. additional to the Composer->Album index which you have[/quote]

I listen to a lot of classical music so Composer needs to be available in the Genre view (as a selectable alternative to Artist).

I like the idea of having more information: it's all there in the mp3 metadata. 🙂
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Lets make it easy. this is lovely but will Sonos do anything about any of it? I think i am used to the answer now. They produce a great product but hate any criticism and do not like suggestions. Customer service job must be easy. Training lesson 1
Listen to the question
Respond "thank you. No"
Job done
https://en.community.sonos.com/controllers-software-228995/has-any-posting-here-ever-produced-anything--29154
Badge
You should put in a feature that allows you to cast the sound of what ever sound is coming out of the device with the controller, when you want to. like what happens with Bluetooth enabled speakers, except phone calls should be exempted from that, but alerts (MSG and Phone Ringing) would be fine (a setting for that would be great too).

Who is with me?
Userlevel 2
My personal wishlist here now is quite small:
1. The ability to stream directly from phone/tablet to Sonos (for example youtube)
2. Ability to use phone/tablet as speaker for the Sonos system (so I can have easy access to my extensive music library when gardening, or in the garage, for example)

Ola
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Everyone,

There are some really great suggestions here, thanks for your input. As always, we can't share information about possible products or features, but we are always looking for your feedback.
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
As a new user, I just saw the bug where albums with the same names have all their songs combined into just entry under Albums.
Can't believe this was reported years ago and not fixed yet. How many albums named Greatest Hits are there or Covers?
Userlevel 1
Integration with Google Now for Voice control (and by proxy, Google Assistant). I want to be able to say "OK, Google - play my morning playlist in the kitchen" and have my Sonos speakers begin playing music there.
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
I would like the artist view to use the album artist tag or at least add this as an option.
Do this for all albums, not just compilations. I only mark albums as compilations like soundtracks or tributes where pretty much every song is a different artist.

Too many albums like greatest hits will have some songs with a guest artist so if I find that album in the artist view with the primary artist and try to play the whole album, it will miss the songs which don't have the exact artist name. I could then switch to the album view to play it all, but I prefer looking for albums from the artist view.

Currently I would have to tag every album like this in iTunes as a compilation so I could use the album artist option.

An alternative option would be tomptoide an option to sort the album view by album artist like iTunes allows you to do.
Families with kids really need the ability to play the non-explicit version. Spotify has both versions of any song, but Sonos doesn't seem to support them.
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
I would like the artist view to use the album artist tag or at least add this as an option.
Do this for all albums, not just compilations. I only mark albums as compilations like soundtracks or tributes where pretty much every song is a different artist.

Too many albums like greatest hits will have some songs with a guest artist so if I find that album in the artist view with the primary artist and try to play the whole album, it will miss the songs which don't have the exact artist name. I could then switch to the album view to play it all, but I prefer looking for albums from the artist view.

Currently I would have to tag every album like this in iTunes as a compilation so I could use the album artist option.

An alternative option would be tomptoide an option to sort the album view by album artist like iTunes allows you to do.

Okay I see that the use album artist option under compilations applies to all albums, not just iTunes flagged compilations.
So I turned that on and then I marked the album artist as "(compilation) in iTunes so then it shows up like compilations normally o under artist view.
I also used (soundtracks) as album artist for even more separation. Usually iTunes has them marked as various.
Badge
I really would appreciate to be able to sort my spotify playlists on 'datetime song added to the list', so my most recent additions will be played first.
Also, need to add ability to "Sort Playlist. Artist? Track? Source? ,etc.."
thanks.
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Would be nice to have the a-z links going down the right side of screen on the Amazon music library screen rather than having to scroll through the whole list.
I agree a lot with that Google Now integration idea! It would be great to be able to start playing some music by your voice. Don't you think that PC controller's design is too outdated? I feel it kinda similar to 2008-2010 versions of itunes or even to MusicMatch. Some interface polishing on Windows and Mac would be certainly well received! I think that some white based interface similar to the ones in iOS and Android could be very nice
when an artist is searched for, then selected (from a particular service)
I would like to be able to see all songs for that artist
rather than a set of albums
Userlevel 2
I'd like to see Sub Folders in the playlist selection. 6 people in house all with their own playlists! Means a lot of playlists. Would be great if each person could have their own folder with their own playlists in