Skip to main content

While on Android 10 I was able to at least resize the Sonos widget from 4x2 to 4x1 this stopped working on Android 12 and it still doesn't work on Android 13. So I am left with a widget that takes almost half the screen for no reason. Please provide additional widget sizes or at least allow resizing.

Hi @tschneider 

Thanks for your post!

I was unable to reproduce this issue on Android v9 or v12. While I don’t have v13 handy to test with, I think this may have more to do with your phone. What brand is it? Do you have any other Android devices you can test on?

Hopefully, some users with v13 will chime in here.

So you are able to resize the 4x2 widget down to 4x1 on Android 12? Even Sonos themselves have agreed that this doesn't work when I asked them about it a year ago. 

Hi @tschneider 

Yes, though the default size is 4x1. In my testing, both devices were Samsung.

Have you tried removing the widget completely, then adding it again? A reboot of your phone may also help.

Even Sonos themselves have agreed that this doesn't work when I asked them about it a year ago. 

We did? I can’t find any documentation on this. Perhaps there was a misunderstanding?

I cannot test it with Android 12 since I updated the Pixel to Android 13 but the widget would not allow resizing from 4x2 down to 4x1 in Android 12, regardless of reboots or removing/adding the widget, and it does not work in Android 13 either. I do have a Samsung S9 here with Android 10 and resizing the widget does work there. 

Here is the link where I asked about this issue about a year ago.

Hi @tschneider 

I think that topic was from when Android 12 had literally just came out, and James’ reply was regarding general functionality at that time, not widgets specifically.

It is possible that different Android phones/brands will behave differently as many manufacturers put unique spins on the user interface. I’ll pass your feedback up the chain of command for some more testing.

Thanks again for posting.

That would be great. Thanks for taking this further.