Answered

why subs look like they are not assigned to a room

• 14 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi I’m just checking if this is normal. I currently have a playbar two play ones and a sub in one room. I’ve recently purchased an arc two one Sl’s and sub which is in another room. I’m about my system it’s show the kit in which room it’s assigned to but not the two subs. Is this normal. I do feel like since I’ve added the new system that I’m not getting the impact I used to have when I just had the 5.1 

icon

Best answer by Mr. T 14 November 2022, 19:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

My Sub says Sub:Arc not Sub:Sub in About my System.

If you go into the settings for your Arc is the Sub listed in the Products section?

And under the list of Products in the System Settings does it say “+Sub” or “+?”?

Userlevel 2

Hi thanks for the reply. Yes it says they are grouped together.  

Userlevel 7

It’s “normal”, but looks like a ‘bug’ on iOS devices. Nothing wrong with your setup.

I think Android devices might display differently hence @John B saying Sub:Arc, but I have 3 subs that all show as Sub:Sub using iOS.

Userlevel 2

Thanks it’s good to know I’m not alone 😂 thanks 

It’s “normal”, but looks like a ‘bug’ on iOS devices. Nothing wrong with your setup.

I think Android devices might display differently hence @John B saying Sub:Arc, but I have 3 subs that all show as Sub:Sub using iOS.

I can confirm that I was looking at an Android device.  Just checked my wife’s iPad and that says Sub:Arc, so maybe it is only iPhones ot iDevices running certain versions of iOS.

As @Mr. T pointed out, this seems to be just a display bug.  That’s why I asked if the Sub was appearing properly in the product settings.

Sonos has recently altered the sound profile of the Arc HT set up and there are threads complaining the bass has been lowered, particularly after Trueplaying.  I have not followed this issue closely, but you may need to turn up the Sub in the Arc settings to get the sound you want.  This issue did not affect (as far as I know) a Playbar HT setup.