Skip to main content

I’ve recently seen ads and promos being served via the iOS Sonos app.   I find it annoying and I don’t appreciate it, but does anyone else know about it? 

There is a setting on your account on the website, not in the app, as I recall, where you can turn them off. 

I’ve looked at my profile on sonos.com and I don’t see any settings.  Can you tell me where they are?

Disable “Allow Pop-up Messages” under App Preferences in the Sonos app.

You can also try unchecking the Sonos App option under Contact Options in your Sonos profile settings.

I’ve looked at my profile on sonos.com and I don’t see any settings.  Can you tell me where they are?

Go here:

https://www.sonos.com/myaccount/user/profile/

look for this:

I did see that, and I have only email checked off -- so Sonos is ignoring that setting with the new promos and ads I’ve seen.

I did see that, and I have only email checked off -- so Sonos is ignoring that setting with the new promos and ads I’ve seen.

Perhaps toggle it ‘on’ and ‘off’again and see if that sorts it.👍

Please post a screenshot of such an ad. There have been reports of Amazon “ads” that were in fact curiously worded error messages.

Lol, let’s throw in ads and enable them by default. If people dont like them, they can opt out in a hard to find setting. Great PO/PMs you guys have over there rolls 👀 

Lol, let’s throw in ads and enable them by default. If people dont like them, they can opt out in a hard to find setting. Great PO/PMs you guys have over there rolls 👀 

I don’t know of any company that introduced ads and left it off by default, relying on customers to take the time to turn it on.   I get your point, but it’s surely rather ineffective to do it the other way around.

But I believe this ad feature has been around for quite some time now, I don’t recall if it was on by default or not.

I don’t know of any company that introduced ads and left it off by default, relying on customers to take the time to turn it on.   I get your point, but it’s surely rather ineffective to do it the other way around.

But I believe this ad feature has been around for quite some time now, I don’t recall if it was on by default or not.

It’s more of acknowledgment on the PM/PO side that it’s an undesirable feature and intrusive.. overall advocacy for anti customer over pro customer.