Skip to main content

As the topic states, this started happening recently and it is completely unwanted and IMHO inappropriate.   Anyone else having a problem with this on the current Sonos controller (both MacOS and iOS)?

What radio stations are you getting ads on? Are they Sonos radio, or TuneIn, or someone else’s radio stations?

Or, did I completely miss the point of your post, and are you talking about Sonos ads (not other companies) in the Sonos controller, and not on the speakers?

Have you opted out on marketing stuff on your Sonos account?

Sorry, I should have been specific.  Sonos Inc., is now pushing promotion ads via the controller. 

Ah, gotcha. Sorry for my misunderstanding, I’ve see others complain about TuneIn and others having pre-roll ads, and I jumped to the conclusion.

I’m pretty sure that you can log in to your account on Sonos.com and somewhere there turn off the opt in for advertising. It’s been a few years since I did that, and now I don’t get notifications of sales, etc, but also don’t have those other ads, either.

However, they seem to be adding new ‘help tips’ to the controller that seem to have an opt out period of 24 hours. I’ve not yet agitated about that, I’m hoping someone else might start a thread that I can join in on. I know that any particular feature exists, and I’ve chosen not to install it, there’s no reason to remind me every 24 hours. But I ramble. 

Contact Options

Could be this is the area of our profile, online.

I’ve never had this happen before and frankly it is very irritating; they shouldn’t be opting people in to in-app sales and such.  Bad practice.  Anyhow, I deselected “Sonos App” in the hopes that this stops.

Thanks for pointing out that completely hidden setting. I note that the description has nothing about ads which makes Sonos seem even more s****.

I hope that Sonos is making tons of money from these ads because they will not see another dollar from me.

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the community guidelines.*