Skip to main content

I bought a Port yesterday to allow my Turntable to play audio through my Sonos speakers.

Prior to directly connecting the turntable, I brought up my old Denon receiver from 2003 in hopes of being able to connect that, and play FM/AM radio. (Mostly for Summer baseball games, we prefer the radio announcers over the TV ones)  But that receiver didn’t have a general RCA output to connect to the Ports input. It only had it via the Tape In/Out, but that only allows one device to be played.

The stations app isn’t allowed to broadcast the games via stream, and I’m not going to pay for the MLB streaming app, since we only listen to our local team.

But I also wouldn’t mind connecting my CD player, and old tape deck as well, so I have the option of playing all three media types through the port.

So I’m curious who has a similar set up and which receiver they have to accomplish this.

Much appreciated!

Use the Tape Out to connect the receiver to the Port, and use the receiver to switch between turntable/radio/CD player sources.

OMG, I didn’t even think tape out output all other audio sources. I will test this out to be certain, but it should work. I mean...how else did I ever record radio when I was younger…

With your turntable directly into the Port there would have been a phono preamp somewhere, either in the TT itself or in the line in between.

When you wire the TT to the receiver, just make sure you use a suitable input. With a preamp enabled the TT has to go into a line-level input. Only use the ‘phono’ input if the TT doesn’t have its own preamp.