Volume control on startup

• 30 July 2013
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
What about an option for maximum volume on startup? I often enjoy my Sonos at high volume. However, when using it the next time a neighbour-friendly volume level by default would be helpful.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hello Gordon,

This is a great idea.
I will change your post to an idea thread so that other Sonos members in the community can share there feedback.

Thank you
Max
Badge
I too love really loud music and I want this implemented as well but with a few twists.

On startup a nice fade in sound and to a certain level would be great.

Also, all alarm sound levels should be able to be set to the level of your choice and locked in place with a fade in to that particular sound level on alarm so you don't wake up with blasting sound.

Finally, the ability to control the speed of that fade in on all aspects of using sonos whether its alarm, radio, tv, local music files, mobile device files, zones, etc.
Userlevel 2
Badge +4
Same here, normally I simply press pause/play to resume where I left off but the starting volume is much higher than what I used the previous evening. Should be implemented as initial volume per room.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
maybe add it to the general wishlist ?
https://en.community.sonos.com/controllers-software-228995/wishlist-for-sonos-controller-improvements-6730862

otherwise this thread will get buried in a day until someone stumbles across it again using the primitive search function
Have there been any updates on this? I just bought the Sonos One and can’t find an option to set the initial start volume. I would love to be able to lower the start volume so it doesn’t blare at me when I start listening again the next morning.
Badge
Hello Gordon,

This is a great idea.
I will change your post to an idea thread so that other Sonos members in the community can share there feedback.

Thank you
Max
Badge
I think f/ a system that costs this much it should not have issues such as volume control on start up. I currently have a klipsch that does not have such issue at a cost of $499 w/ sub & remote compared to $1299 f/ a sonos playbar and sub w/ no remote. I bought a Sonos the other day and I'm considering returning it. It sounds great but I can't control start up volume. I get up at 5 am and watch TV w/ my morning coffee before I leave f/work but I don't need to wake up the whole neighborhood .