Skip to main content

I have just replaced a Seagate NAS which worked well for 6 years. I used it to create a music library for sonos and also backed up a few photos. 

I replaced it with. WD My Cloud and have mixed feelings about this. I am having to use the app to play the music and cannot seem to find which address to use to find the music library. The app categorises the music poorly and does  not even display the alphabet down the right to enable you to find artists , tracks or albums. I have used iTunes to download almost all of the music.

I am also having trouble with the format of the file due to this. I saved all my uploaded music on an expansion drive. When I am putting this on the mycloud it will not play any that hare WMA files but only MP3 . It will not seem to play WAV files which is often the case for download codes. 

Wishing for my seagate back, although I hope I can resolve these things.

I can upload the CDs to make sure they are on MP3, but these all worked fine before.

Any ideas.

Life got more complicated since your Seagate. Here are some tips. You should be able to copy your old files to the new NAS, force the new NAS to use SMB 1 and move on.

Hi

Thanks for your reply which seems to make sense. Unfortunately when I go to the settings on mycloud it does not offer anything to do with network. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place. I tried to make sure I was on the web interface. Not clear if this is something different from the way I use mycloud to access music. This may be because I am using either MacBook or iPad to access . Is t his what makes a difference to what I am seeing?

Thanks 

steve

Steve,

Perhaps see if this thread helps…

https://en.community.sonos.com/music%2Dservices%2Dand%2Dsources%2D228994/sonos%2Dwon%2Dt%2Dor%2Dcan%2Dt%2Dadd%2Dmy%2Dnas%2Dmusic%2Dlibrary%2Dwd%2Dmycloud%2D6852114