Skip to main content

I have two new Sonos speakers on Sonos 2 in my house - I have just built a garden room with separate router and am trying to use on an old I now renamed play 5.  It’s not S2 compatible. I assumed as it’s a separate network I could simply use Sonos one but I can’t get past the message to use S2 Sonos trying to bullying me into buying yet another product.  I’ve looked online and there are instructions on how to remove my other components but then I can’t get into S1 - I love the sound but this company drives me crazy …… any advice on how to fix this welcome. I’ve even tried to set up a separate account with a new email and that’s not working as the network is ultimately connected to the same broadband connection.

Turn off your existing S2 gear.

Run the S1 app and set up your old ZP.

Power up your S2 stuff.

While you are setting up the S1 system, power down all of the S2 components and force close the S2 controllers.

Use of separate routers is not something that inexperienced users should mess with. Many of us have S1 and S2 components on the same network. They are independent systems, each with its own controller and both controllers can be installed on multiple phone/pad/computers.

Thank you I’ll give this a try - only thing is I don’t have a choice re two routers as my garden room is 100m from the house. The connection to my broadband is through the new electrical cable which we installed. Thanks for the advice :-)