Answered

updating music library to android phone

• 22 December 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge +1
Ripped some xmas CDs into iTunes. Worked.
Updated "Music Library" on windows 10 Sonos controlled. Worked
Stuck on how to now get these new CDs visible to "Music Library" on my Android Sonos controller.
I'm in the "manage music library" and am not sure what to do next....
icon

Best answer by jgatie 23 December 2016, 18:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

You only need to update it once. Since the music index is housed on the players themselves, the update carries over to all controllers.
Badge +1
You only need to update it once. Since the music index is housed on the players themselves, the update carries over to all controllers.
jgatie:
"on the players"? Is that:
On the speakers? In the controller? In the Sonos app on my Windows PC which has my library?

If the update is synched (from my PC or a Sonos device) with the android controller, is that instantaneous? Or, is the Android controller app looking at another device in real time?

jgatie:
"on the players"? Is that:
On the speakers? In the controller? In the Sonos app on my Windows PC which has my library?

If the update is synched (from my PC or a Sonos device) with the android controller, is that instantaneous? Or, is the Android controller app looking at another device in real time?

"Players" meaning speakers and/or Connect units. The library indexing takes place on the players themselves, not the app. So a newer player, having more memory, can index by changed files, and copy that index to the older players. All this would be transparent to you, and your system would go back to indexing quickly.

The app itself is just displaying what it finds on the player. It does not house the index at all, it simply queries a player.