Updates have ruined my Sonos

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

27 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Since I downloaded the recent updates my system has become unusable. Is anyone else having the same issues?
I have owned a amp 5 for many years, The amp was wired and assigned a static ip address. There is no way ip can be shared since it is outside the shared ip range.
Amp 5 would not played for more than a few minutes. I solved that issue by creating an account with Sonos, here is where real problems started. After a few weeks amp got an update, from that moment on it was bad. Now it is useless, it won't even trun on. I am moving to old school amps that don't have a network connection now. Seems companies are following Apples lead of destroying old equipment to make you buy more. I had an amp that lasted 25 years until lightning killed.it, seems greed is stronger than lightning.

Hi there,

If your Connect:Amp doesn't turn on, there's likely a hardware issue rather than a software one. It might be best to give us a call so our phone team can take a look live. You can find our phone number and hours here.

If the Connect:Amp shows up in your app but won't play, please submit a diagnostic report and reply here with the confirmation number, I'll take a look for you.