Skip to main content

Hi

I updates app and sonos system (ARC and gen3 sub) to 12.2.2 today.

After I went to check for updates via the app and it said app needs an update despite it all being up to date.

I clicked on update and it opened the app store sonos S2 app, but no update is available as its already updated.

Seems like a small bug, so just to make you aware.

A few people seem to get this with every update (it’s not necessarily the same people!).  My recollection is that it is always iOS not Android… so you are probably about to tell me it’s on Android!

A few people seem to get this with every update (it’s not necessarily the same people!).  My recollection is that it is always iOS not Android… so you are probably about to tell me it’s on Android!

Nah IOS:smile:

If you keep getting it as an annoying warning, try uninstalling the app, reinstalling afresh and selecting ‘connect to existing system’.

If you keep getting it as an annoying warning, try uninstalling the app, reinstalling afresh and selecting ‘connect to existing system’.

Thank you will do if that happens, seems to only happen if i manually check for updates though.

I have been having trouble getting my new Move to stay connected and I noticed that when I check the app version manually it ssaid I needed an update. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it still says there is an update availabe. Not sure if its causing any problems or if its just a bad message

Is it saying the app needs an update or that a system update is available?

If I do a manual check for updates it says “Sonos app needs updating. Tap the button to go to the app store. When you go to the app store nothing happens because I’m on the latest version 12.2.2

Have you tried the suggestion above, uninstall and reinstall?

Yes, I’ve tried uninstall/reinstall a couple of times but I still get the message

Yes, I’ve tried uninstall/reinstall a couple of times but I still get the message

If you are on latest app, just wait until a new version is out and it will still update, mine still does it, and I couldn't be bothered to uninstall and reinstall.

Reading the above thread, I believe Sonos should release a 12.2.2.1 that should eliminate this annoying situation.  Passing the buck on your customers is frankly, unprofessional.

I have been having this issue for a while. keeps saying there is an update then goes to the App Store and there isn’t. im on 12.2.2. I have just had it happen again but this time 12.2.3 appeared it tried to update but didn't work, very strange. 

I am uninstalled and re installed also, but same issue.

Anyone know any specific about this update?

Since it’s not a major number change, it is much more likely to be bug fixes, rather than any new features. 

Sonos just released S2 App 12.2.3 today (US) and it cleared the problem of update available.  Notes indicated it was app improvement, no other details.

Makes sense, that was obviously some sort of bug, although difficult to reproduce, it seems. This was the only thread I saw on it.