Skip to main content

Just a quick ask if anyone has discovered or heard anything regarding the 12/8/20 update besides the traditional performance updates, and other such etc...

Release date: 12/8/2020

In this update:

• You can now add up to two Subs to your Sonos home theater setup. Learn how.

• When playing from Spotify, the Sonos app can now favorite and unfavorite tracks from the Now Playing screen.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3521?language=en_US

Geez. Never realized that existed. Thanks for the link. 

Wow, one of the Subs must be a Gen 3? Still trying to figure out why it would need to be that way. :-(  Especially since I have a Gen 2 sitting here not setup yet that I could add as a second. :-(

There’s likely additional processing power needed, and the older Subs don’t have it. Or memory. Or both. It’s the only reason I can think of. 

They want to sell more Gen 3 subs IMO. 

There’s likely additional processing power needed, and the older Subs don’t have it. Or memory. Or both. It’s the only reason I can think of. 

It’s hard to really figure how that would be exactly.  It could be that in testing, 2 Gen 2 subs just were not stable enough for Sonos to feel comfortable releasing, while  Gen 3/Gen 2 combo was.  Don’t know.  I suppose it could be that the Gen 2 needs to borrow something from the Gen 3 to function properly I guess.

They want to sell more Gen 3 subs IMO. 

That’s possible as well, but in the past, Sonos has always given existing products new features whenever technically feasible.  it would be a change of course, or exception, if that were not the case this time.

It’s probably a processing issue. The gen 3 has a more advanced chip that can handle the addtdouble processing. 

Hello! I don’t have this… I live in Switzerland, is this the reason? 

Hello! I don’t have this… I live in Switzerland, is this the reason? 

You don’t have Spotify or you didn’t get the update?  I don’t think the music services matter and everyone should get all the updates regardless. If you can go in the app and check for updates, that should work. 

Hello! I haveSpotify and the update...