Update installed without permission

• 23 May 2024
  • 4 replies

• Contributor I
  • 2 replies

I chose not to update after reading all the bad press. Decided to wait until SONOS would have fixed things. Just now I discovered that the SONOS app on my iPhone had updated ALL BY ITSELF. To me that is unacceptable, it’s a total mess now, can’t play my music library (although that feature was already missing since last week), can’t find my favourite radio stations, alarms etc.. Besides that, it is all totally counter-intuitive. Cannot believe SONOS forces this update on us. This is NOT OK SONOS. 
Has this happened to others; having update installed without giving permission???

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Apple and only Apple decide when apps update, and unless you set the App Store option to not do this, you will get auto updates.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Same thing just happened to me just moments ago. Weeks ago I had turned off auto updates in the Sonos app but Apple went ahead and updated it. Ouch.

Same thing just happened to me just moments ago. Weeks ago I had turned off auto updates in the Sonos app but Apple went ahead and updated it. Ouch.

OK so this was Apple -had not realised that… indeed: ouch…

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I am on iOS and mine hasn’t updated I have both app and firmware updates set to not update and all ok on my end