Skip to main content
Hey Sonos, Love the product(s) (P1 and P3's), but your updates now are troublesome to say the least. Update 9.0 took 3 attempts, had to manually restart a speaker to get the update to work and then another separate speaker lost it's registration and my music library had to be rebuilt because the path was gone/lost in the configuration.

These issues never used to be a problems updating. What gives?
OMG, I feel the same way! I've invested over $3,400 dollars in Sonos products: 2 sound bars, 2 subs, and 3 Play:1's. The trouble started for me a few updates ago. First, my songs kept cutting off when trying to use playlists on my device (which is really not playing from the device, I know) and support told me I was having trouble with my network even though every other service in my home operates without issue. I must've explained that this just started happening with their recent update, but it was ignored. It ended with me giving up and just started using my phone as a remote to play songs from my library on my PC. The latest update however has rendered the Android app all but useless for this purpose. In fact, the only thing I can use my phone for now is streaming live content from the Internet. I've tried reinstalling the app so many times and then completely resetting my rooms, but to no avail. I'm severely disappointed now. I can't even submit a diagnostic since the app will crash when trying to play from my library. Very frustrating to say the least.
Paul, Try assigning static/reserved IP addresses to all your Sonos gear in your router's DHCP page, that can make updates go smoother. I've been told these glitches always existed but I only noticed them recently when I started getting bit.
Thank you Stanley_4. I will give the static IP a try.
"Not smooth"? Consider yourself bloody lucky!

9.0 took me countless hours over several days. In the end, the only thing that worked was dragging each speaker one at a time -- with the other non-updated ones unplugged -- over to a satellite wireless router with an ethernet port on the back, and connecting the two via cable. (In retrospect, it would have been easier to drag the router to each speaker. Duh.) Even at that, two of the three speakers had to be added as new; the ding-dong updater would not finish successfully on those.

Speaking of which, what the heck is that bloody thing really doing?? More than once, it crapped out on the "Finishing" step.

The ONLY device that got updated properly was the Connect.

Sure wish I could bill for all the lost time....