Question

Unable to remove / reset Beta

• 29 November 2016
  • 15 replies

I have been a member of the Beta program, but as I cannot add a music service (Amazon music) I have un-enrolled from the Beta Program. However, I am unable to delete the controller from my iPhone. I have deleted the app and then downloaded from the App store. But, when I open the App, it is still showing I am on the beta release. Any ideas?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

15 replies

You need to call in to Sonos, due to a bug in the current beta system. Once they have you on the phone, it's been said it's a quick procedure.
You need to call in to Sonos, due to a bug in the current beta system. Once they have you on the phone, it's been said it's a quick procedure. Thanks Airgetlam - such a pity this info is not posted on the support pages! I have wasted a couple of hours trying to resolve this problem 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have been a member of the Beta program, but as I cannot add a music service (Amazon music) I have un-enrolled from the Beta Program. However, I am unable to delete the controller from my iPhone. I have deleted the app and then downloaded from the App store. But, when I open the App, it is still showing I am on the beta release. Any ideas?

Hi Oldvideotech,

Please check your inbox, I'm sending you a private message.
Jeff, I would like one of those remove beta private messages. Please.
Yeah, can't leave beta 7. Put in a ticket and wait I guess.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
@KevinReim and @anodyne,

I've sent messages to both of you.
@Jeff S, thanks for prompt reply. I've replied to your pm. I've also created a new community account that matches registration email and will use that moving forward.
Back to normal. Many thanks to @Jeff S for his quick assistance this evening!
Within beta program I can't get into the advanced settings on iOS. Need to quit too.
Hi, could you please help me to remove myself from the beta program? I've tried the advice and removed myself off the beta website and reinstalled the app, but it still won't allow me to update without an email, which I never seem to receive.

Any help would be appreciated
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, could you please help me to remove myself from the beta program? I've tried the advice and removed myself off the beta website and reinstalled the app, but it still won't allow me to update without an email, which I never seem to receive.

Any help would be appreciated

Hi Maximus4033,

I replied to your inquiry in the other thread.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Within beta program I can't get into the advanced settings on iOS. Need to quit too.

Hi KevinMa,

Please check your inbox for a message from me.
Jeff S.....

Any chance of putting a big red pop-up in front of the beta registration process that says something like "If you use iOS to control your Sonos, the Beta Program is not for you!"

🙂
Jeff could you please help me also
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Jeff S.....

Any chance of putting a big red pop-up in front of the beta registration process that says something like "If you use iOS to control your Sonos, the Beta Program is not for you!"

:)

It's only the iOS controller that has REDUCED functionality. The problem is that people see the public Beta announcement has a feature they want and they dive straight in without reading or maybe digesting the implications. Part of the problem is that we are all "bombarded" with Terms & Conditions (I "Agree" to an Apple diatribe at least once every 8 weeks) that I suspect most of us never read beyond the first few words.
The other thing is that I'm sure Sonos learn as much from those that sign up to the Beta and then have to remove themselves as they do from those who stick it out!