Question

Unable to add to existing, or create new playlists with the recent app update

• 10 May 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Spent over an hour waiting on line to talk to customer service rep who was not helpful. He finally came back and said the recent I couldn’t add a playlist or put music onto existing playlists was because, “Sonos is improving its service to accommodate new products.” He also said additional updates will be released to facilitate what I’m trying to do. Huh?!! When does an update eliminate basic features of a product and only roll them back out when the bugs are worked out. Thankfully, I didn’t update the app on my wife’s phone so can still use this function. Truly unbelievable!

6 replies

Userlevel 1

Just realised, you no longer add a song to next in queue,you can only replace queue..

Someone has got this all wrong .These aren't changes we asked for ..…

Don't put an update out ,until it has all the features that have been used and then add the additional new features , to get us excited...Instead it's missing features …

I also have a Samsung Galaxy fold ,which has issues when trying to log in …Tried it on 2 differs folds and the same thing …

At this moment ,I'm totally not impressed .

Especially when I am the one who also recommends  it to our customers ....

Just realised, you no longer add a song to next in queue,you can only replace queue..

Someone has got this all wrong .These aren't changes we asked for ..…

Don't put an update out ,until it has all the features that have been used and then add the additional new features , to get us excited...Instead it's missing features …

I also have a Samsung Galaxy fold ,which has issues when trying to log in …Tried it on 2 differs folds and the same thing …

At this moment ,I'm totally not impressed .

Especially when I am the one who also recommends  it to our customers ....

I’m same I take my Sonos with me where I work and various clients have favourites and this has been taken away from us. 

Userlevel 3

I used to love creating song lists on the fly when on Sonos from a range of sources; Spotify, Apple Music, etc.

So easy and fun to shape a song track to the evening or my mind.

it was such a cool feature.

And it’s now gone? No more?

What were they thinking!?

This was an explicit and thought throw, discussed and deliberate action.

Really unfortunate and bizarre.

Why update and take away functionality?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

wait… I have been ok with the app overhaul but this? this is stealing our work away from us in typically arrogant sonos fashion. 

researches HomePods. 

this company needs some more competition honestly. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Adding to the queue is one of several features coming (returning?) in June:

Also messaging here to say I can’t add songs to existing Sonos playlists. Pretty crappy that the new app doesn’t do that.