Skip to main content
I have two sonos systems in different houses. Do you use the same Sonos app to control?
Yep. When you go to the second property, I think it will just say 'cannot find your Sonos system, connect to another system?', and you just follow the instructions.

Do you have either or both of these systems set up yet? Because there are different ways you could approach this.
Thank you. No I shipped the gear to the second home and will be there to set it up next month.
You may choose to take one of your existing speakers with you, even temporarily, to 'seed' the new system, with all your settings, streaming services etc set up. Playlists etc will start in line but will diverge as all this info is stored on the players, not the app.

I think that if you take a speaker from property 1, connect it by Ethernet to router in property 2, and connect your controller to the new wifi, you should have a system. Then just 'add player or sub' for the other speakers. You may then choose to add a Bridge or Boost to the system and swap out the speaker you brought with you.
Excellent. Had no idea. Thank you John. Rudy
Actually, one qualification on that... if you are operating currently without a Sonos device wired to your router, it would be best to switch to that setup before you go. There are worthwhile advantages from having a wired device. If you aren't in that setup currently please post back and I'll provide a bit more information.