Question

Tunein no more showing artist, track name?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12
Hi
After last update Tunein radio is not showing anymore info about current song playing.
Is it a bug into sonos or a change into Tunein?
Camillo

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Hi
After last update Tunein radio is not showing anymore info about current song playing.
Is it a bug into sonos or a change into Tunein?
Camillo

This is not a change within Sonos, do you have this with every radio station via Tunein and what radio station are you playing? Are you starting the radio station via Sonos favorites or via the search option? If you start the playback via Sonos favorites, remove it from the favorites and re-look up the radio station via the search option.
Hi Ryan A,
I have the exact same issue since the last update. I listen to Forum FM, a french radio station from Lyon if I remember well. I have as you have suggested, removed the station from the favorite and inserted it back but it still does not display the playing song. It's stuck on the last song listened to before the update.
I tried running the TuneIn apps at the same time and it does display the current song playing on Forum FM. I know that this issue was reported 1 year ago but I have this issue only from a couple of weeks ago after a Sonos update around the 31 of March 2017.
If I uninstall the Sonos app from my iPhone, will I loose all my favorites??

Thanks
Claude
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Hi Ryan A,
I have the exact same issue since the last update. I listen to Forum FM, a french radio station from Lyon if I remember well. I have as you have suggested, removed the station from the favorite and inserted it back but it still does not display the playing song. It's stuck on the last song listened to before the update.
I tried running the TuneIn apps at the same time and it does display the current song playing on Forum FM. I know that this issue was reported 1 year ago but I have this issue only from a couple of weeks ago after a Sonos update around the 31 of March 2017.
If I uninstall the Sonos app from my iPhone, will I loose all my favorites??

Thanks
Claude

Uninstalling the app will not affect your favourites, nor your saved radio stations. I wouldn't expect it to make any difference with your issue.

Your update may have exposed some network issues that are causing your issue so it's worth re-booting your network - Switch off router, Sonos and ALL network attached devices (phones, tablets, computers....). restart router, wait. Start Bridge or Boost, wait. Restart Sonos units. Then restart the rest.

Now. It is always possible, nay likely, that the radio station isn't sending the requisite data to Sonos via the stream
Hi Stuart,

I checked my Asus router and there was a Firmware Update. I applied it and the router rebooted. I powered up the Sonos:1 and I still have the same issue. It's not a critical issue but it is very anoying. I often refer to the app to check the name of the tune playing.

Can you confirm that I understand the Sonos concept correctly. As I understand, it is my Sonos:1 that gets the music from a server somewhere on the Internet and it is the Sonos:1 that talks to the apps running on my Android box, my Windows PC and on my Apple IOS devices telling them what song is playing live.

So right now, all my apps are stuck on the same old song tha was playing a few weeks ago. If I am getting the same behavior on all devices, is it possible that there is an issue with the Sonos:1 and the last update?

Thanks
Claude
If your router has rebooted, you need to do a network refresh to prevent IP conflicts.

Reboot/power cycle your devices in the following order:

Modem
Router
Switches or hubs
Wired Sonos units
Wireless Sonos units
Computers/printers
Wireless devices - phones/tablets etc.

Allow each device to come back up before proceeding to the next.
Hi jgatie,
I'm a retired Network Admin and I can assure you that I don't have any conflict on my network. I may not have been precise enough on what is not working.
The Sonos:1 is working. Music is playing fine. I can control the Sonos:1 from all of my devices (Android, Windows, IOS). The ONLY thing that does not work is update of the song title in all of the apps.

As an example, I can use my iPhone to start/stop the Sonos:1. I can change FM channel, I can play my own music from my NAS etc etc. Everything works fine execp the update of the song playing that used to work before the Sonos:1 update.

Hope this helps.
Claude
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I've just listened to Forum FM for a couple of songs and the Information banner has not changed. It wasn't correct when the stream started.

It has "Mylene Farmer - Pourvu qu'elles soi..."

Strongly suggests the radio station is not sending the required data
Yes Stuart, I have the same song. Exactly. BUT if I start the TuneIn Apps on my iPhone, I get the track update!! Try it! Install TuneIn and find Forum FM and then play it. You will see the track change.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Presumably it's a different stream. We've reported it here so Sonos will see it but I expect it is much more likely to be an issue with the stream from the Radio station. I'd take a screenshot and contact their help desk
Userlevel 1
I have had exactly the same problem, since the last Sonos update. Tunein station "BBC Radio 4" used to display the currently playing programme, but no longer does.

Any news on a fix for this, please?
AMH, my issue with Forum FM has been fixed. It now displays the artist and song title. So SOMEONE got their finger out of their nose and actually fixed this. Was it Sonos or TuneIn? Your guess is as good as mine. I suppose that the paying customer does'nt deserve to know. Reporting it here seems the right thing to do as SOMEONE will eventually see that there is a problem with another stream. Good luck with BBC Radio 4.